Hey guys....I just talked to S and he spoke with Laura a little while ago. Unfortunately, Laura has gotten sick with some sort of stomach bug. She has been really careful with what she has eaten but apparently her stomach is not agreeing with something right now. She said everything is SO different there so it is to be expected. Especially with her and her weak stomach. Please say a prayer for her so that she can get past this and that she will have the strength to get everything done that she needs to do this week, including the most important thing which is to spend lots of time bonding with M! Speaking of M, she is still doing very well with the adjusting aspect of this process. She has been really happy so far...oh EXCEPT for bath time! She did not like that one bit. Apparently her baths thus far in her life have consisted of a wash cloth. SO she was not quite sure what was going on when Laura tried to give her a good "washin." Sean said that Laura thought it was funny that M does the same thing C did when he was a baby. I guess M had quite a breakdown during the bath time and apparently went to sleep not long after the bath but she had gotten herself so worked up that she was kind of quivering in her sleep, just like little C used to do! AWWW! She will get used to baths VERY soon with Laura as her momma!
They did find out that M has Giardia. From what I read online and from what Sean told me, Giardia is an infection of the small intestine caused by a parasite. Unfortunately, Ethiopia is not as medically advanced as we are here and from what I understand, they don't really have anything to treat her with over there. Now once she get's home to the US, it's just a matter of getting her to the doctor and getting her some meds that should clear it up. So for now, she is having lots of "blow outs!" Pray for this sweet baby girl that she would be healed and have no more problems. I think 18 hours on a plane is hard enough on a baby (and everyone else) without having to deal with lots of explosive poopies!
Well...that's about all for now. Today wasn't near as upbeat but hey, it's reality and for everything that they are dealing with right now, I'd say Laura and M are both doing great! Please remember them in your prayers. We need them to be healthy and ready to fly home to us.
Also, several people have mentioned that they'd like to come to the airport to meet M and Laura when they get home. If you have any questions, please contact our other sister, Lisa (lboatner@gmail.com) for updates. She will keep everyone posted as to the status of the flight and if there are any delays (which we pray there won't be) or anything else! If all goes according to plan, they should be arriving in HSV around 5:30pm on Saturday! WOO HOO!
Stay tuned...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Good Job Baby Sister! I feel so horrible for Lou having to deal with her tummy troubles and "M" having that nasty parasite! :( There is nothing our God can not fix and I know he can kill that parasite in her tummy right now! We speak healing in Jesus name!
Thank you for the updates. I will pray for Laura's stomach and the baby's tummy troubles too.
Who is there with L. to help?
Oh, I pray God's healing over both Laura and baby M. I pray tomorrow is wonderful for the both of them and they can continue spending quality mother/daughter time together in health :)
Laura and M will be in my prayers!
Fern had Giardia when we brough her home and it was as simple as giving her meds for about 10 days to get rid of. Praying for Laura to feel better, there is nothing worse than being sick in another country!
Oh no! I will be praying for Laura and baby girl. I hope they are both feeling better soon!
Thanks for the updates Ran! I was worried about Laura's tummy on this trip and will definitely be praying for her and Mercy.
Oh the dreaded tummy troubles! I was so hoping you wouldn't have to deal with that! Praying that you and M are bonding lots!
So happy for Laura and baby M!!! I can't to see them at the airport.. what an amazing experience to meet your daughter for the first time!! I'm praying for both girls' health and a safe, quick trip home!!
Oh no, She is sick so early in the trip. How hard for her.
Hopefully M can get some meds soon for her tummy too. I went through a lot of ababy wipes and outits with out little one on the pk=lane from bow outs! Poor baby!
Thanks for the update Randi. OH...I feel SO TERRIBLE that they have that stomach thing!!! UGH...NOT FUN!!! Was Laura able to take some meds over with her? We took an "orphan allies" kit with us for unexpected things like that! I hope she has what she needs to help baby M's tummy!!!! (and bottom!!) We're praying for them and cannot wait for them to be home!!!! I'll be in Nashville on Saturday and will not be able to make it to the airport...but I'll be thinking about you!!! Love ya!
Buffi
so sorry to hear about the gaurdia that is no fun my oldest son had it when he came home be super careful when you are changing diapers its contagious... i know i got it so not fun! I'm so happy that you finally are holding your sweet little girl in your arms!
Post a Comment