Friday, March 13, 2009

Alabama...here we come!

Well Laura and M are about 1 hour away from liftoff so PLEASE remember to cover them in prayer today! I know Laura has specifically asked for prayers over M and that she would be able to rest during this LONG flight! I know Laura is super excited about coming home and getting ready to start this new chapter of their life with M! I don't know about you guys but it still feels like a dream to me. It probably won't really hit me until I see her sweet face in front of me.

As this part of the adoption process comes to an end, and the lifelong journey really begins, I want to take a moment to brag on my sister and her husband as well as all of you other adoptive families. I know that THIS is the Father's heart and what you guys are doing is by far the most important thing you could ever do. I know it is a long and sometimes painful journey but know that it is SO worth every bit of the wait, the tears and the sacrifices you have made. You all have many many treasures in heaven!

James 1:27 "Religion that our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."

Thanks for supporting my sister and her family during this process! I know she treasures each and every one of you. I've enjoyed blogging for her while she gets to live out this dream!

Now....let the good times begin! I will see some of you at the airport tomorrow...Can't believe it's finally here!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Yay! Praying for sweet traveling for little Mercy and Laura too! I know Laura and I have never met "in real life", but I am a fellow adoptive mommy just waiting for God to provide the money. Laura has been such an encouragement to me. Thank you Laura for encouraging me to keep up the faith. I look forward to the day I can bring my little one home as well. :)