So.... I DID get to talk to Laura today so I just wanted to let you all know! I was SO excited as I was dialing the number. AloSmart was VERY easy to use so I have to give them props for that! I was nervous but it really did go very smoothly. Then Lisa tried to call after I bragged about how easy it was and she couldn't get through to her. So I guess it doesn't ALWAYS go that smoothly. She did eventually get to talk to her as well. Laura seemed excited to hear from us. She was just hanging at the guest house with M doing a little packing in preparation for their long journey home tomorrow. YAAAY for us...hopefully it will be as smooth as possible for them! Everyone else was getting ready to go out for an authentic Ethiopian meal. Laura decided to pass on that considering her recent tummy troubles and because she wouldn't be able to take M with her. So they were spending an evening at home together and having more mommy/daughter bonding time!
I got to hear M's precious voice. She is very chatty! : ) I even got to hear her say Da Da. She must be SUPER excited about meeting her Daddy for the first time! ; ) The cutest thing was hearing her laugh. Not sure what she was laughing at but she laughed several times over the course of the phone conversation. GOSH it seems unreal that I would even be able to call and hear her voice. It's amazing!
Laura did share some of her experiences visiting the state run orphanages and just hearing that brought tears to my eyes. I will save all of that for her to share with us. She said visiting those orphanages was heart-wrenching and that after seeing them, she realized that the Foster Care Home where M stayed was actually pretty nice in comparison. WOW...She said unless you see it firsthand, you just have no idea. I'm sure for those of us who have never traveled to a place like that, it would completely change your perspective on things.
On a lighter note, she did say she nearly got ran over by a donkey yesterday! and YES she does have video footage so we will all get to see this wild donkey for ourselves! I believe it is the same donkey that the small child was hanging off of!
She is SO looking forward to coming home tomorrow! Well they will be leaving tomorrow but won't actually arrive until 24+ hours later! WHEW...please remember to say a prayer for them as they travel back beginning tomorrow! She said they will leave around 4:00pm Ethiopia time so that is actually around 8:00am tomorrow morning for us.
Again, if you are interested in meeting them at the airport, please contact Lisa at lisaboatner@gmail.com. We have a few things we would like to let everyone know with regards to letting the DH, A and C have their time with Laura and M first.
Not sure if I will get an update tomorrow but hopefully I will. If not, you had 2 today! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It has been so wonderful to follow along on the journey!! What a joyous time!!
Post a Comment