It seems unreal that I will be leaving for Ethiopia in 5 more days. I can't believe I will finally get to hold M in my arms. Something I've only dreamed about for the past 2 years. I think about what she will think about me.....A complete stranger to her. She's no stranger to me though. She's the baby girl that I've loved from across the world for the past 2 years. The baby girl that I've memorized every thing about over pictures. The baby girl that we've prayed over since adoption was just a dream....before she was ever even conceived.
I know that the adjustment isn't going to be easy for her and I'm prepared for that....I think. She may not be in love with me at first like I am with her. That's okay too. We'll continue to love her and eventually she will know that we are her forever family. Will you pray that the adjustment for M will be smooth? She will be leaving the only stability she's ever known and coming home with a someone she doesn't know. I'm sure this will be very hard on her caregivers as well. Just by looking at the pictures I can tell they love her very much.
I leave on Saturday and we'll be home the following Saturday, March 14th. Some of you local peeps have sent emails about meeting us at the airport when we get home. If you are interested in doing that please let me know and I'll put you in touch with my sister (Lisa) who will keep you updated on my flight schedule for the 14th. Right now it looks like my plane comes in around 5:30pm on Saturday but that could change.
Also, my sister (Randi) will be updating my blog for me while I'm gone. I'm sure it will be pretty general updates and I'll give you all the details and post pictures when I get home.

15 comments:
I am praying for you this week :). I can't wait until you and Mercy are together forever. I want to come over and play with her soon if you don't mind :). I also have your Ergo DVD in my car - not sure if you still need it. If you ever want to stop by my work and get it - just text me. Love you!
Girl...we are praying and cannot wait to see you together!!! God will prepare her heart just like he's preparing yours. We believe for a smooth transition. I think it really helps because she's a baby. The older they are...the harder the transition. Mercy will do just fine!! We're praying for you. I know you are just SO EXCITED!!!!! We are too! LOVE YA!!
So excited for you! Will pray for travel and transition.
You are So close, I can't believe it! I am so happy for you and your family. I am thinking of you all and hoping the trip goes smoothly
I am so excited for you guys!!! YAY!!!
so exciting, what a great picture
Oh, my goodness! I can't believe it's finally almost here! I am so excited for you.
If you email me your address, I want to send you a little something.
erynkesler@gmail.com
YEAY, so wonderful. I'll be sending prayers.
Almost there! I pray that your little girl will adjust well and know that she is in a loving forever home. Can't wait for pictures of the big day!
Happy trials! She sure is a beauty...Blessings!
The Mathews Family
Oh my gosh, That is so soon! How exciting! I will be praying for you to have save travels. Bring a pharmacy with you and some sleep meds.
Whoo hoo!
I am so excited for you guys we will be praying for a safe trip and return. She looks beautiful
She is beautiful! I love this new picture. I will pray that everything goes well. I have a feeling it will though! :) If you get a chance will you take a picture of our son while you are there?
I got to your blog through DS and just wanted to say good luck in Ethiopia! Mercy is beautiful! I can't wait to read all about your trip.
If any of you would like to get in touch with me! My email is lisaboatner@gmail.com We are so excited and want to make this special for our sister and our new niece! :)
Post a Comment