Monday, May 5, 2008

We're on the waitlist!!!!

We received an email from our caseworker today and we are OFFICIALLY WAITING for a referral. I thought this day would never come. We are so excited. The wait time right now is averaging 3-5 months. This will put us getting a referral right around the time the courts closes for "rainy season" but that's okay because God's timing is perfect and I have to trust that. I guess we'll start working on the nursery now to pass the time.

21 comments:

Meredith said...

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

~*Lisa*~ said...

OH MY MERCY! I AM SO EXCITED! CAN YOU TELL BY CAPS TYPING! I am guessing this is what you called to tell me today but we got a little side tracked *wink wink* I can not wait to meet our sweet Mercy face to face. She is going to be the most beautiful little Mercy in the world! ;o)

Tracy Baughman said...

Congratulations Laura! That is wonderful news. I hope your wait is a short one. So glad to hear of another family that will soon be blessed with the gift of adoption.

Christine said...

Congrats. I know it feels great!

Tara said...

Oh my gosh, I just got your email...this is SOOOOOO exciting!!! You are going to see sweet Mercy's face SOON! And auntie Tara can't wait! :)


So are you coming the blog Union?? I need you to, we would have such a blast!

coffeemom said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! The waitlist is a cool place to be! It's hard to wait, but oh, the best kind of waiting. You're paper pregnant! Go get some great ice cream and enjoy every spoonful! Yahoo for you!

Rebecca said...

Congratulations!!! Let the waiting begin!!

Erin said...

I am so happy for you! We are really in the home stretch, now!

Buffi Young said...

SO EXCITED!!! Yes...God's timing is perfect, but you are right...this is the HARDEST part of the whole journey. The waiting!! Hang in there and keep that faith and trust in HIS timing!!! We can't wait to see little Mercy's face!!! Congrats!!
Love ya,
Buffi

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

Woo Hoo!
Great news!
Congratulations!
Blessings,
Kristy

LuLu's Lane said...

I am super excited for you guys! Woo Hoo. I can't wait for Mercy to meet her LuLu!!!!

mama becca said...

YAY! Congrats!

Bethany said...

Congratulations! You do not know me but I have been following your blog for awhile now!! We are still in the homestudy phase of adopting from Ethiopia! I have enjoyed watching your progress!! Oh and I love her name!!

Lisa said...

YesssssSSSS! This part is the icing on the cake. It's like a box of chocolates...you never know whatcha gonna get! That was MY big excitement was what will she look like? Will she have hair? No hair? When I got "T's referral I studied her face for weeks every day. Then one day I noticed she had a small scar on her hair line. I thought, even thru a picture I'm getting to know her. Here's to a very SHORT wait for a referral!

m&r said...

Such good news! Congratulations!!

Jennifer and Ty said...

Congratulations!!! I can't wait until we get these babies home!
Jennifer

Amber said...

That is awesome! You go girl!

Anonymous said...

PTL Laura!
Hey it is NessY from MZ - i've been trying to contact you! i have a pm there waiting for you :).
Heidi gave me your blog addy. please get back to me - we gotta chat! :)
~ NessY

hello somebody said...

Congratulations! I know you are excited! I don't know the Brandi that you mentioned in one of my posts. We live close to Hazel Green /Meridianville. We must be on the line. Anyways, I am so glad that a friend showed me your blog! I love keeping up with someone from the old days ;)

Amber said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOO Exciting. You go girl!

Kellie with an "ie" said...

Congratulations! That is so fantastic!