Friday, May 30, 2008

Prayers needed for an amazing family

I was reading blogs today and I came across this blog. This may be one of the hardest blogs I've ever read. Angie is the wife of Todd Smith from the Christian band, Selah. When Angie was 20 weeks pregnant with their 4th daughter, Audrey, they found out that baby Audrey was not going to live. How do you go through the rest of your pregnancy knowing that your baby isn't going to live all the while begging God to save her. Angie's blog has sharpened me like nothing else ever has. Her faith is amazing. Her writing is so real and raw. She's honest about how much she's hurting but through it all she continues to trust God, her Strongtower.

Just 7 weeks after losing Audry her nephew, Luke died. He's the son of Todd's sister Nicol who was in the group Selah with Todd.


Please keep these families in your prayers as they are grieving the loss of 2 precious lives. Here is a video and a song that Angie wrote for sweet Audrey.




Crosspoint Church in Nashville did an amazing video on the Smith family. It's 3 parts but well worth watching.






7 comments:

Lisa Laree said...

I just found Angie's blog a day or two ago, too...and you're right, it's raw and gut wrenching but full of the presence of God.

She's now on my bloglines and prayer list....

Rebecca said...

Hands down the best post I've ever read/heard. Thank you so much for posting this. I've been bawling my eyes out for the last 30 minutes, but so worth it.

Amber said...

Wow, that was gut wrenching. I will be praying for this brave family. Thanks for sharing.

Ghan Family said...

Followed the link from DS - what a beautiful song!! Thank you - prayers for this family. And what amazing strength!!

Buffi Young said...

I cannot IMAGINE!! I pray for this family. Thank you for sharing this with us!

Autumn said...

What a beautiful song! 20 seconds in I was crying. I found your blog through diaperswappers and I'm so glad I did.

christina-defining moments said...

I have been reading her blog for about a month now. I have been praying for them through this time as well.