August 24, 2007 - Sent application to Gladney September 12, 2007 - phone interview with Judy October 11, 2007 - Mailed off Application packet to Gladney October 22, 2007 - physicals for homestudy & fingerprinting for ABI clearances November 5, 2007 - mailed off all homestudy paperwork December 17, 2007 - recieved FBI clearance for dossier December 27, 2007 - first homestudy visit January 6, 2008- homestudy complete March 3, 2008 - recieved Gladney APPROVAL March 28, 2008 - CIS fingerprint appointment March 29, 2008 - UAB International adoption clinic April 16, 2008 - travel shots April 30, 2008 - recieved our CIS approval May 3, 2008 - overnight dossier to Gladney May 5, 2008 - officially went on the waiting list October 17, 2008 - REFERRAL!!!! December 3, 2008 - got a call with courtdate (1/27/09) January 27, 2009 - courtdate (failed) February 19, 2009 - 2nd courtdate (SHE'S OURS) March 7, 2009 - leaving for Ethiopia :) March 9, 2009 - In our arms forever! Met Mercy 1st time March 14, 2009 - Came home from Ethiopia July 20, 2009 - Readopted Mercy in Alabama November 9, 2009 - applied for her SS# November 10, 2009 - applied for her citizenship
Laura & Family. I am SO happy for you. I don't get a chance to check your blog daily but as the weeks have gone by I have been able to check it now and again. The babies room is PRECIOUS! I love the saying on the wall over her bed. What a sweet thing! The bedding is adorable. You are so creative and have always been. I love you and think of you often. God Bless you and your soon to be addition!
I just wanted to share with you what I read this morning. "Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass ... Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him." (Psalm 37:4,7)
"God is never late, but He is never early." This means that God will come in with the breakthrough on His time schedule - not ours!
I love you and I can't wait for you to get Mercy's Call. Praying for you guys!
Come on! It has to be soon, right? I have a feeling it's going to be smooth sailing for you! Referral, and then court opens back up! Hopefully referral to court will be super short for you!
Can't wait to hear/see who it is the Lord is bringing into your life. :) I remember the wait well. Keep hangin' on ... it's the only way to get there. Blessings, Shelly
13 comments:
Oh I hope, I hope!!!! I am checking your blog constantly hoping for good news... it's coming soon!!!!
hang in there! you're one whole week closer!!!!!
The CALL is coming! I just know it!
Me too!!!!
Laura & Family. I am SO happy for you. I don't get a chance to check your blog daily but as the weeks have gone by I have been able to check it now and again. The babies room is PRECIOUS! I love the saying on the wall over her bed. What a sweet thing! The bedding is adorable. You are so creative and have always been. I love you and think of you often. God Bless you and your soon to be addition!
Wow....you have the room done!!!! We haven't even started, yikes! Hope your call comes soon!
I hope your call comes soon!! Beautiful room!!
Hoping you don't have to W*** much longer. :0) Maybe you will get good news very soon.
I just wanted to share with you what I read this morning. "Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass ... Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him." (Psalm 37:4,7)
"God is never late, but He is never early." This means that God will come in with the breakthrough on His time schedule - not ours!
I love you and I can't wait for you to get Mercy's Call. Praying for you guys!
Wow. I know the post from Lulu was for you Laura but I must admitt, it just ministered to me more than she even knows. Thanks Lulu! :o) God is good.
I can't wait to meet Mercy, Laura!
Come on! It has to be soon, right? I have a feeling it's going to be smooth sailing for you! Referral, and then court opens back up! Hopefully referral to court will be super short for you!
Can't wait to hear/see who it is the Lord is bringing into your life. :) I remember the wait well. Keep hangin' on ... it's the only way to get there. Blessings, Shelly
Hoping you hear something soon!!!
becca :)
Post a Comment