Wednesday, September 24, 2008

how long was your wait?

Oops, I said the "W" word. YIKES. So, how long did you wait for your referral? I've been doing a little forensic blogging to try to figure out how long most families wait. I know Gladney says 3-5 months but I'd like to know the average amount of weeks. I know Tara & Eric waited around 15 weeks (and then another 100 weeks to get through court) I think Grace waited around 25 weeks. I think the Winters waited around 16 weeks. The Fournets waited over 35 weeks I think. HOLY COW! 35 weeks! I think you'll have to come get me out from under the rock I climbed under if I have to wait 35 weeks.

So, how long was your "W"?

17 comments:

Sparkz said...

No joke! I hope none of us have to wait 35 weeks. Wow that would be bad. I would love to tell you how long I waited ;). Maybe we'll both be able to tell that magic number soon!! :)

mama becca said...

We waited about 16.5 weeks for Sam's referral and then another 6.5 weeks (which, back in January through March, was a Loooooong time, even though people are obviously waiting much longer now). We had one delay with a judge not coming to work, but miraculously got through the next day. It was excruciating to wait on the court date- that was by far the hardest part for me. But it's all hard... hang in there mama!
love
becca

Amy said...

Back in the good ol' days when wait times were short... we waited approx 2 weeks for our referral of Silas T. and then traveled 4 weeks later.

Oh for that to be the case these days!

Hoping your phone rings SOOOOOOOON!

The Redman's said...

We've been home a year now, and I know waits have changed. We started on the wait list at number 1 and it took 10 weeks to get our referral and then we traveled 7 weeks later.

Here's to your referral SOON!!!!

Heather said...

We waited 22 weeks for our referral... and so far we have been waiting just shy of 6 weeks for our court date to be issued. I know it's difficult, but I truly believe that no matter if it takes 1 week or 22 weeks, it is worth it all and then some!! The stress and anxiety all seems like a distant memory once you see that face.

Hang in there!
xo
Heather

Unknown said...

Our w*** was 6 months...although we actually put it off so that our bio son could be born and travel.

Brad and Christy Sherrell said...

We worked through CWA and received our referral in 2 weeks! That was over a year ago though. We then waited 16 weeks for a court date due to court closures. Afterwards, we waited 7 weeks to travel because it was during the holidays. From start (Beginning our dossier) to finish (picking him up), we waited approximately 35 weeks.

We have had our son Kidus home for over 8 months now. Good luck!

Renee said...

We waited 16 days for our referral for Maryn and Keller, we're now on week 14 waiting for Brady and starting to get excited- we only have 3 families ahead of us (boys and either gender) on the unofficial FBI List...yah!

Natalie Fournet said...

I am praying that your week counting ends tomorrow...no way are you waiting 35 weeks! I am praying that we keep the hold of the record...I don't want anyone to break that record....too painful....but worth it of course!

Amber said...

Please don't hate me but we only waited 4 weeks but we are with Adoption Avenues which is a much smaller agency than Gladney. I'm praying you get yours soon!

Erica said...

We used CHI and waited 8 weeks for our referral. Hopefully you hear some baby news soon!

Buffi Young said...

Well...We're not with Gladney....but from the time we were LID...we waiting right about 48 weeks for our referral of Sadie. I know...that's horrible to hear. Then we waited close to 28 more weeks to go get her. It was EXCRUCIATING!!!! I don't know how Gladney works...or how Ethiopia works. I hope it goes much quicker for you than it did for us. I just know that for us...hind sigh...the wait was good because we got the perfect little girl for our family and I praise God for that! hang in there girl!! You just never know when it will happen...and when it does...it will be wonderful!!! I pray it will be soon!!
Love ya girl!
Buffi

Jana said...

33 weeks. Sorry. :)

Amy said...

Wow - Buffi is clearly the winner with 76 weeks. Bless - she is super woman!!! Ours was 36!

los cazadores said...

I'm still waiting!!! :)

Cindy

Bethany said...

Hi! I have been checking your blog daily to see if you got your referral...
We are with a small local agency and our wait was 12 weeks and 5 days. We are now waiting for a court date. Good luck!
(BTW If this helps. Our babies had only been in the orphanage 1 month when we got the referral so most of those weeks.....my babies were not even there!)

Kevin said...

I'm not telling how many weeks our first wait was, but our second wait promises to be more than 35 weeks. Okay, I was thinking that would make you feel better, but it probably doesn't help at all. How is this - I hope THIS IS THE WEEK!!