August 24, 2007 - Sent application to Gladney September 12, 2007 - phone interview with Judy October 11, 2007 - Mailed off Application packet to Gladney October 22, 2007 - physicals for homestudy & fingerprinting for ABI clearances November 5, 2007 - mailed off all homestudy paperwork December 17, 2007 - recieved FBI clearance for dossier December 27, 2007 - first homestudy visit January 6, 2008- homestudy complete March 3, 2008 - recieved Gladney APPROVAL March 28, 2008 - CIS fingerprint appointment March 29, 2008 - UAB International adoption clinic April 16, 2008 - travel shots April 30, 2008 - recieved our CIS approval May 3, 2008 - overnight dossier to Gladney May 5, 2008 - officially went on the waiting list October 17, 2008 - REFERRAL!!!! December 3, 2008 - got a call with courtdate (1/27/09) January 27, 2009 - courtdate (failed) February 19, 2009 - 2nd courtdate (SHE'S OURS) March 7, 2009 - leaving for Ethiopia :) March 9, 2009 - In our arms forever! Met Mercy 1st time March 14, 2009 - Came home from Ethiopia July 20, 2009 - Readopted Mercy in Alabama November 9, 2009 - applied for her SS# November 10, 2009 - applied for her citizenship
Well, another week down and another week closer to my baby girl. Week 21. I'll be honest, I'm OVER the waiting. Waiting stinks! This waiting makes standing in the line at Walmart look like a cake walk. This HAS to be a good week.
I'm going to do my part by *not* taking your yarn with me on vacation. As soon as I'm 3000 miles from it...you're bound to get your call! :) But, I'll put it in a mailing envelope, and when you get your call, I'll have my DH mail it to me. :)
If not this week then very, very soon. I'm not too familiar w/ Ethiopian adoptions. How long is the W*** usually after the referral. Every country is different. I've found some referrals come fast and then the "W" afterwards much longer. I hope yours is the other way around. Maybe the initial wait is longer so it makes the rest of it seem to fly by.
Hoping for good news soon. You have such a great attitude! :0)
His timing is perfect and our sweet baby girl will come in his timing! I am proud of you, you are learning so much through all of this but the best is your deeper understanding of his faithfulness to provide all we need! LOVE YOU!
I'm excited about you getting your referral as well. I keep watching and waiting..oops! I said the w-word. Oh well, I hope it's this week! I really like that picture you used for this post.
Thanks for the compliments on my purple hair! :) I love your blog design!!! And hang in there... the waiting time is absolutely the WORST part. It will happen. (and hopefully soon!)
dear jlm, your reference to the line at wal-mart made me smile. i'll be thinking about that every darn time i'm wishing the line i was in would just. go. faster.
25 comments:
absolutely....It is GOING to be a good week!!!! :) Prayin' for ya!!!
I love your attitude. I keep telling myself that I w/each passing day I am THAT much closer! I'll keep checking in. Can't wait to hear the good news!
This WILL be a good week, I just know it!! Your call is coming soon!!
hoping this is the week!!
ellen
Thank you for picking up and delivering Stella's changing table. I sure hope this is the week, the day, the hour!
I'm going to do my part by *not* taking your yarn with me on vacation. As soon as I'm 3000 miles from it...you're bound to get your call! :)
But, I'll put it in a mailing envelope, and when you get your call, I'll have my DH mail it to me. :)
Hoping and praying still!!!!
I am SO in agreement with you!!
THIS WEEK!!
If not this week then very, very soon. I'm not too familiar w/ Ethiopian adoptions. How long is the W*** usually after the referral. Every country is different. I've found some referrals come fast and then the "W" afterwards much longer. I hope yours is the other way around. Maybe the initial wait is longer so it makes the rest of it seem to fly by.
Hoping for good news soon. You have such a great attitude! :0)
He won't be late! :)
I just found your blog, so cute, I'm just a few weeks behind you for a bbay girl. Hoping this week brings good news to you.....
It will be soon girl, hang in there and keep your spirits up! I hope you are feeling better? Are the meds helping any?
His timing is perfect and our sweet baby girl will come in his timing! I am proud of you, you are learning so much through all of this but the best is your deeper understanding of his faithfulness to provide all we need! LOVE YOU!
Checking in and hoping for some news! :)
W&^*$%# DOES stink! You just want to know. See your baby's face, learn all about her. What a sweet day it will be! Soon!
I'm excited about you getting your referral as well. I keep watching and waiting..oops! I said the w-word. Oh well, I hope it's this week!
I really like that picture you used for this post.
Wow, lady, I can't believe it's been 21 weeks! Any day now!
You're doing so well, Laura. I hope you get your call very, very soon
I keep checking back to you blog because I know it will be soon!!!
Thanks for the compliments on my purple hair! :) I love your blog design!!! And hang in there... the waiting time is absolutely the WORST part. It will happen. (and hopefully soon!)
Anything?
dear jlm, your reference to the line at wal-mart made me smile. i'll be thinking about that every darn time i'm wishing the line i was in would just. go. faster.
I didn't know the courts opened! Good to know! Thanks!!! I know, right?- give us a referral and a court date! Its time to go get our babies!
I just realzied, this is my 4th comment to this post! :)
I so hope that I see great news when I check your blog tomorrow!! Hang in there.
Yes, we already RSVP for the dinner in Atlanta and we're super excited. We hope to see you there!
Renee
Post a Comment