August 24, 2007 - Sent application to Gladney September 12, 2007 - phone interview with Judy October 11, 2007 - Mailed off Application packet to Gladney October 22, 2007 - physicals for homestudy & fingerprinting for ABI clearances November 5, 2007 - mailed off all homestudy paperwork December 17, 2007 - recieved FBI clearance for dossier December 27, 2007 - first homestudy visit January 6, 2008- homestudy complete March 3, 2008 - recieved Gladney APPROVAL March 28, 2008 - CIS fingerprint appointment March 29, 2008 - UAB International adoption clinic April 16, 2008 - travel shots April 30, 2008 - recieved our CIS approval May 3, 2008 - overnight dossier to Gladney May 5, 2008 - officially went on the waiting list October 17, 2008 - REFERRAL!!!! December 3, 2008 - got a call with courtdate (1/27/09) January 27, 2009 - courtdate (failed) February 19, 2009 - 2nd courtdate (SHE'S OURS) March 7, 2009 - leaving for Ethiopia :) March 9, 2009 - In our arms forever! Met Mercy 1st time March 14, 2009 - Came home from Ethiopia July 20, 2009 - Readopted Mercy in Alabama November 9, 2009 - applied for her SS# November 10, 2009 - applied for her citizenship
Well, this week has come and gone and we didn't get a call. I'm pretty sure it's not coming today because I sent an email to Natalie and got an auto response "out of office" email. Boo.
I am now living my life on the FBI watching for good news for you and a couple of others. The let down I feel on Friday is nothing compared to yours, but know there are so many people thinking good thoughts and praying that it is soon!!
Another thought...though this better be your last Friday of wiating for the call...plan something fun for Friday afternoons so you have something fun to look forward to. It was always such a blessing to me to be laughing and having fun on a Friday afternoon...a reminder of all that I have while I wait....
I know the feeling girl, but aren't the weekends kind of refreshing because you know Saturday and Sunday are going to be call free? I always kind of give a sigh of frustration about 4:30 on Fri. But then I look forward to the 2 days of not watching the clock. It's GOT to be soon, doesn't it?
Weekends are totally the worst! It is the other side of the moon...the dead zone...the WHY CAN"T PEOPLE WORK 7 DAYS A WEEK????? zone. Hang in there...Monday and another chance for a phone call is coming.
I know! It's so hard. the days are long and you don't feel like starting or doing anything ... in limbo! Hang in there!! I promise it'll come, hopefully sooner than later.
To get the live feed, just click on mine - I got mine from someone else's blog - they give you a code to stick in a sidebar widget (is that what it is called? - lol)
20 comments:
I'm sorry :(. I know it's hard... but hey, you are one week closer :).
have a wonderful weekend...
becca
I know how you feel! That special call is getting closer, though! Hang in there!
I am so sorry! It is always worse when you are expecting it to happen.....I love you!
I am so sorry:( Fridays were always so hard for me...such a let down after a week of hoping and waiting for the call!
Praying for you....you know and we all know it is worth the wait!!!
I am sorry - :o(
I am now living my life on the FBI watching for good news for you and a couple of others. The let down I feel on Friday is nothing compared to yours, but know there are so many people thinking good thoughts and praying that it is soon!!
Ellen
Another thought...though this better be your last Friday of wiating for the call...plan something fun for Friday afternoons so you have something fun to look forward to. It was always such a blessing to me to be laughing and having fun on a Friday afternoon...a reminder of all that I have while I wait....
:(
hang in there sweety... have a great weekend, and when you least expect it, it will happen!!!
I know the feeling girl, but aren't the weekends kind of refreshing because you know Saturday and Sunday are going to be call free? I always kind of give a sigh of frustration about 4:30 on Fri. But then I look forward to the 2 days of not watching the clock. It's GOT to be soon, doesn't it?
The word that shall not be said...STINKS!!!:-( I'll be stalking all next week!!
Oh man....I'm sorry. You have to wait longer for the pretty ones! lol, that is what my husband says jokingly.
Sorry, I wrote that last post, not Scott. I was logged in to the wrong account. oops.
I am keeping everything crossed that this week will be THE week!!! :)
Shucks. I was hoping this was the "We got the call!!" post. Soon, friend, soon.
Weekends are totally the worst! It is the other side of the moon...the dead zone...the WHY CAN"T PEOPLE WORK 7 DAYS A WEEK????? zone. Hang in there...Monday and another chance for a phone call is coming.
I know! It's so hard. the days are long and you don't feel like starting or doing anything ... in limbo! Hang in there!! I promise it'll come, hopefully sooner than later.
I hope week 20 is YOUR week! I can't wait to hear about THE CALL!
To get the live feed, just click on mine - I got mine from someone else's blog - they give you a code to stick in a sidebar widget (is that what it is called? - lol)
Have a great night!!
ellen
WAAAAHHHHHHH! :(
sorry to see that sad face. found your blog because we are searching for your daughter. we would love to trade links if that is o.k. let me know.
thanks,
amber
It will be soon...Very, very soon!
Post a Comment