
Thank you all so much for your words of encouragement during the....word that shall no longer be said. ;) Thank Jocelyn. Like Jocelyn, I've decided not to say the "W" word. I think it makes it harder to...wow it's hard when you don't use the "W" word...but it's harder to be patient when I talk about it so I'm focusing on other thing during the "W" time. Like right now, I've got a kid with another ear infection who's been screaming for 3 hours straight. That will keep anyone's mind of the "W".
Anyway, thank you all so much for all your sweet comments. They truly mean alot to me. Today's a new day and my tantrum is over and I'm focused again. Surely, it can't be that much longer can it?
Also, I have some of the most AMAZING friends in the world. A few weeks ago we sent out a reminder email to our friends and family that we were still collecting frisbee's (like the one pictures in the week 18 pic) and stickers to take with us to Ethiopia. Do you see this HUGE box! Isn't that awesome! It's over 1,000 stickers and about 500 frisbee's. We've also got about 500 granola bars. Now come on referrals so these granola bars don't go bad. :) Special thanks to Ben & Heather Bookout at Bookout Studio I have worked for Heather & Amy over the past year doing hair and makeup on their senior sessions. I love those girls. Ben & Heather sent me a HUGE box of frisbees and stickers and the sweetest note. I also got stuff from Josh & Briana, Toya, The Estemera's, The Whites, Lisa Bridges. So many people have sent stuff. We are so blessed. This will be such a blessing to the kids as well. Thanks guys. You rock!

ETA~ GO CONGRATULATE THE DUNNS!!! They got their referral.

8 comments:
That is so wonderful about the frisbees and stickers. I am sorry about your little one's ear infection *frown*. So glad to hear you are feeling a little better, but know that it was okay to get a little overwhelmed as well. If this whole process from start to finish doesn't test one's emotional fortitude, I am not sure what does. Hang in there - I bet great things are coming soon!
love,
ellen
That is SO AWESOME!!! What joy you guys are going to receive when you see those children get those fun things!!! It's in the little things.....
I think about you daily...and know that the "w-ing" is about over...at least for this part of the journey!! :) Keep us posted!
Love ya girl...
Buffi
I just got back into town and read your "w...." post :). I know. It's just hard. hang in there mama!!!
I am telling you, that word is hard not to say:-)
Wow! Laura.... another connection. My hubby works with Shel (Amy's husband). What a small world after all. Good luck on the frisbee/sticker collections.
WOW! We just looked at the FBI list!! We are in the top 10, how very exciting..
The Darling
I would like to donate some bars too!
Wow, that is quite the collection!
I think your granola bars will be fine for years, so long as they are stored in a dry (non-humid) place (like not the basement).
hugs;
Kimmie
still waiting too
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted
Post a Comment