Wednesday, June 11, 2008

dear lurkers....

...please introduce yourself. I love meeting new folks and if you have a blog I'd love to follow it. You see that little counter at the bottom left on my page? Well, I just added that thing a couple of months ago so that tells me that I have lots of blog buddies that I don't know. I won't bite....I'm not scary.

I'll start....I'm Laura. I have 2 bio kids and we're adopting a baby girl from Ethiopia right now. I'm married to a super cool guy. We've been married 11 years (as of last weekend..woo hoo) Okay, now it's your turn....

40 comments:

The Coys said...

We are Nicole and Lee from Baltimore, MD. We were referred a (now) 3 month old baby girl in Ethiopia, in May. Our court date is next week so we're hoping to travel in August.

I enjoy following your blog, keep it up! It's so fun to see others whom are on the same path to build their families.

Leslie said...

Hi! I'm Leslie--I adopted a daughter from Ethiopia earlier this year. I got to your blog from Grace's. :)

mama becca said...

You know me :).
I just read your last post... I know you'd love staying at the Hilton (that's where we stayed), but when we adopt again, we'll definitely stay at the Ayat House. Many families have stayed there (the Rooney's, the Roberts, "farmboy and buttercup", and many more)and they all adored it. It's within walking distance to the baby houses too, which is definitely a perk I wish we'd had. I can't wait to stay there in a couple of years!
Hope that helps... take care...
becca

Jim and Debbie said...

Hi Laura,
We did not take our older kids with us. The airfare was outrageous and we really wanted some time to bond with our new daughter alone. We do plan to return to Ethiopia with the whole family some day.
Best of luck to you,
Debbie

PrincessBrideJo said...

Hi my name is Joanna and I messaged you on diaperswappers. I am not adopting or anything of the sort but I am very interested by it. You blog is helping me to understand it more. I have 2 kids as well - 3 years and 9 months.

~*Lisa*~ said...

Hi My name is Lisa. I am your sister! ;o)Everyone else was doing so I thought I would to! ;o)

Amanda said...

Hi, my name is Amanda and I have one question for you: how did you get that subscription thing on your blog?

missy said...

I'm Missy. We just applied to adopt a child from Ethiopia. We have 3 biological kids. I'm new to the world of blogging, so I didn't even know that I'm a lurker! I'm also new to the world of adoption, so I'll soak up anything ya got! I've enjoyed your blogs and told some friends about it(they may be lurking too!) The title sucked me in since I'm a Jesus lovin' Momma as well.

Lisa Laree said...

Hi and Happy Anniversary! ;)

kristina proffitt said...

I think you remember me. I'm Kristina. Used to work with you for a bit. ;) Just check in with ya every now and then to see how things are going! :-D

Around the World said...

We are Thom & Lesley from Louisville, KY. We are in the process of adopting a little boy from Ethiopia. He is about 7 months right now!! We hope to have him home in the Fall.

Have a blessed day! check out our blog too!

LESLEY

Unknown said...

I am Jodi from Oregon. I think I found your blog on diaperswappers.
We are traveling on July 8th to get our five month old boy from Ethiopia!

LuLu's Lane said...

Hi, I am your kids LuLu and I am the biggest lurker of them all! :) bahaha Love ya

amy-o said...

Hi! I'm Amy from OK...We are adopting an infant, either gender, and/or a young sibling group and are awaiting official Gladney approval...I have enjoyed following your blog!

www.withajoyfulheart.com

christina-defining moments said...

Laura,
I think I have left comments before, but just in case... I am a mom of 2 little girls and we went to school together - then Chrissy Honeycutt

Meredith said...

I'm Meredith and I'M IN!!!!!

Natalie Fournet said...

Love following your blog....we are hopefully soon picking up our super cute twins from Ethiopia....

Born in our Hearts said...

Hey Girl, it's Adelle. I have been in the process of setting up our adoption blog and I am trying to get ideas on how blogs work, I didn't realize I was a lurker. ha ha!
I have really become addicted to these adoption blogs. Talk to you later Adelle

Our journey to Ethiopia said...

Hi we are Tom and Leanne from Spokane
We are waiting for our court date June 19 to bring him our precious little 2 year old boy. Hopefully traveling in August. I love your blog, and like someone else said the title drew me in.

Our journey to Ethiopia said...

Hi we are Tom and Leanne from Spokane
We are waiting for our court date June 19 to bring him our precious little 2 year old boy. Hopefully traveling in August. I love your blog, and like someone else said the title drew me in.

graceling said...

Hi, my name is Grace. I am not a lurker, but I do love when people leave comments for me, so I thought I would show you some love as well:)

graceling said...

Hi, my name is Grace. I am not a lurker, but I do love when people leave comments for me, so I thought I would show you some love as well:)

Tara said...

This was a glorious idea! Maybe I will do the same...I don't have the same counter but I have my blog signed up for google analytics and it is the bomb. It shows me who comes to our blog, how often they come ect...very cool.
Oh right- Hi. My name is Tara and we are already friends!

Unknown said...

I am Sella, we know each other. I found your blog from your sweet sister, Lisa. I am definetly a lurker in the world of blogging. I read several but almost never comment. Have a great day.

natalie said...

I'm Natalie and I live in Dallas, TX with my hubby Kyle of 2 years (well it'll be 2 on Tues!) and our precious 6 mo old son.
I found your blog through diaper swappers. My husband and I praying about adopting kids someday in the future and I've always dreamed of adopting from Ethiopia!
I really enjoy your blog!! :)

megan said...

My name is Megan, I've been married to Mike for 5 years. We live in Arizona and we are in the process of adopting our first child from Ethiopia.

Brysmommy, Kenswifey said...

I am Brooke from Enterprise Al..I am originally from Scottsboro..and am "friends" with your sister Lisa..I say friends..b/c we have actually only met 1 time in the 2 years I have known her..but think of her like a sister! She's my prayer partner..when I need help praying about something! I have enjoyed reading about you and this adoption thing going on..I think it is awesome that you are doing it and what a testimony!

solas4me said...

Justin & Melissa from Indiana.We have 3 bio children, A Girl 11, A boy 9 and a boy 4. We are waiting for referral for a girl under 36 months from Ethiopia. We have been waiting about 2 months. Our blog is Called " A Darling Life"
solas4me.blogspot.com
Keep up the blogging!

Justin

Bethany said...

Hi! I have been lurking and even have you linked on my blog...so more lurkers!! hehe
My name is Bethany I am in Louisville, Ky and we have 3 bio children 7,4,2 and we are in the process of adopting 2 children under 6 from Ethiopia. I hope to have our referral pics this month and we will pick up the children in about Sept.

Elisabeth said...

Hi,

I am Ellen - I am on this wonderful journey with my husband and we are almost finished with compiling our dossier. What an exciting time, huh?

Sheri said...

Hello!! I found your blog on diaper swappers - wow! Your blog brings me chills. As a social worker, Christian, and mother - your blog is very inspiring.

Thanks for sharing your story. May God continue to bless you.

http://adaysjournal.blogspot.com/

Sheri said...

Oh, and I guess I should say that I'm Sheri, and I've been married to a great man from South Africa for five years. We just had our first daughter last year...

Sherry said...

I am also Sherry. I visited your blog a few times some months ago and am a fellow DS momma. We are adopting a sibling group from Ethiopia and are still paperchasing. ;)

Kristi W. said...

Hi Laura! I'm Kristi and I found your blog from Amy T's links. We have two bio sons and adopted our daughter Daya from India last year. We are on the waitlist for another daughter from India, a few spots behind Amy. I have really enjoyed your blog and can't wait to follow your journey to Ethiopia someday soon!!! :)

Kristi (werrefamily.blogspot.com)

Kimmie said...

LOL, as I didn't have to wander to far to find out what the 6 weeks meant. Yah-hoo- we are adopting from Ethiopia too!

Happy de-lurking....looks like this post is working wonders!

;-)

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted
*we love new friends...come meet us!

Meredith said...

I am Meredith and I am your neighbor, kind of. Mercy and Stella=EBFF!

Melodie Monberg said...

We are the Monbergs. We have two bio kids and are adoptiong our third, a daughter, from Ethiopia. Hopefully we'll be getting her this fall or early next year.

I was born and raised in Africa so this will be a full circle (hence the name of our blog) moment for our family.

Our blog is: www.themonbergs.com

Melodie

JJ said...

Hi Laura, it's Joni. I'm not an adopting mom but love reading about your journey and cheering you on. Go Mercy!

Amy said...

Hey Friend...you know me :) I'm always lurking!

Faith said...

Hello-

My name is Faith. I am Grace's sister. I enjoy reading the blogs on the FBI list.
God bless you!