Tuesday, June 24, 2008

happy mothers day to me

For Mother's Day this year S got me this cool canopy/gazebo thing for the back patio.

He just got it set up about 3 weeks ago. We've been really enjoying it lately. I came home from work yesterday to find my canopy like this. Nice, eh? Obviously, a little storm blew through while I was at work and threw it over my house and wrapped it around this telephone pole in the front yard.

14 comments:

Rosborne said...

OMG! You've got to be kidding me! That's nuts! I didn't even know we had bad storms yesterday. That's terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!

graceling said...

Wow! That's crazy!

Chris and Jana said...

Hey...I came across your blog today. We are also adopting a little girl from Ethiopia. Thank you for sharing your story!

Born in our Hearts said...

Oh No! I hope it can be fixed.

Amy said...

Oh my goodness! I am sorry this happened! Clint really likes these too.

PrincessBrideJo said...

my e-mail addy is Joanna@matlockfamily.com

Amanda said...

oh that stinks!!! is it fixable??

mama becca said...

Oh bummer!!!! BUMMER!!!
I love those things and want one on our deck. But OH MAN! Not if that happens! SORRY FRIEND!

Amy said...

Oh no! How terrible!

Jennifer said...

OMG! That stinks!!!! IT was super cute though....

Jillienne said...

I just had to say this is exactly the sort of thing that would happen at my house!! I hope you can fix it!

Jen said...

I just wanted to introduce myself. My family is starting the process of adopting from Ethiopia. We have three bio kid (16, 13, and 9). We are going through Gladney. We have really enjoyed your blog. Thank you.
Jennifer

Sparkz said...

Wow, I thought those things only happened to me. At least it wasn't in the road and caused a wreck or something... I hope that it can be fixed!

Lisa said...

Oh, I am so sorry that happened. The picture will be worth a thousand laughs down the road...
Lisa
www.my2ethiopianggirls.blogspot.com