Tuesday, June 10, 2008

week 5 & where to stay?




Week 5. Wow. It's going kind of fast. With the kids being out of school for the summer I have plenty to do to keep me busy.

So here's my QOTW (question of the week)....where did you stay in Ethiopia? Or where do you plan on staying? This whole time we've been thinking we'd stay at the Hilton but now I'm thinking we may do a guest house. Where did you stay and did you like it? Would you recommend it? I need some feedback. :)

Also, be prepared for plenty o' QOTW! I have so many questions for all those BTDT parents. I've not traveled alot so I have lots of questions. I'll save them for my next post.

Continue to pray for the families that are waiting.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm planning on staying at the Hilton. I hear that the Sheraton is awesome but it's expensive! I look forward to hearing what people say!

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

We stayed at the Ayat House and were very pleased with it. I have traveled to Africa 3 times before, am pretty adventurous and really didn't want the hotel deal. It seemed too impersonal and I wanted to feel Ethiopia more than I thought we would at a hotel. A huge factor for us was also that we were a group of 8, our family of 7 and my mother-in-law, so we would have needed at least 3 hotel rooms $$$$$. The Ayat house was a mere $40/night.

I would definitely recommend it and our blog has lots more info on the Ayat house if you want to take a look. Also, although I love adventure and have stayed at some very "different" places, the Ayat House is not a far cry at all from a typical house in America.

Good luck!

Buffi Young said...

wish I could help ya on this one!!! Sorry!! I'm praying for things to speed up though!! Have a great week!
Love ya,
Buffi

Jim and Debbie said...

We stayed at the Ayat house (Wolde's) and loved it. I highly recommend it.
Blessings,
Debbie

Leslie said...

I stayed at the New Flower Guesthouse. It was very nice, but out of the way relative to the places I needed to go/ be, so I ended up having to have a driver every day instead of just a few days. (We were there for almost 2 weeks).