Thursday, July 3, 2008

What a trip!!


I'm home from a VERY eventful trip to Atlanta with my BFF, Joelle. We originally agreed to meet up at my moms house and go from there because it was half way between our houses (we live about an hour apart) I asked S to drive me because he wanted my car for the weekend because his doesn't have A/C. Joelle was giving me a hard time about being a diva for not driving an hour without A/C. Yeah yeah yeah, I'm a diva...get over it. :) We hit the road and are having a good time, laughing and cutting up when we notice the A/C is cutting in and out on her minivan. Her and I are not minivan kinda girls but she has 4 kids now so she doesn't have alot of options. We tried not to panic or anything but it kept going out and when it would it would get HOT FAST! We stopped for lunch about an hour into the drive and when we went back to start the van it was making a funny sound. It kind of danced around for a minute but it eventually started up but the A/C was GONE. She's, of course, blaming me because I'm such a "diva" and if only I wasn't so high maintenance this wouldn't have happened. ;) Only she can give me a hard time like this because it's Joelle. We get to the hotel only to find out were at the wrong hotel. NICE. So, we drive to the right hotel & get changed and ready for the conference. We ask the hotel for directions to the conference & they hand us a pre-printed card with directions on it. We hop in the car and head off. We were feeling like the directions might have been a little "off" when we dead ended in the middle of a housing project in a rough part of Atlanta. I was scared to say the least. We finally ended up at the conference & it was AWESOME. Priscilla Shirer was amazing and her message was awesome. Mandisa was there and can I just say I LOVE HER! My friend Ronald is plays keys for her so that's super cool. Overall the conference was awesome. 19,000 woman worshipping their King together. Doesn't get much better than that. On Saturday Joelle and I decided to take the car to Pep Boys to get checked out instead of going to the morning session of the conference. We were expecting that it would need a little freon for the A/C...nothing major. Boy were we wrong. Jose, the pep boy guy comes out to tell us that she has a blown head gasket. We didn't really know what that meant but we understood it was a big deal when he said it would be at least 2 thousand bucks! This is the part of the story where I tell you that Joelle has 4 kids..2 which are only 1 year old. 2 grand is hard to come by these days. So, this is where Joelle sits down on the floor and completely falls to pieces. We get back to the hotel and at the urging of our hubbys we decide to take a cab and go on to the conference. This was my first cab ride and BOY was it interesting. I wanted to bath in germX when I got out. The second half of the conference was good but I guess because we were so distracted by the car situation we were having a hard time focusing. Joelle's husband ended having to come pick up her van and bring us another car to drive home in. All in all, it was a good trip. Joelle and I laughed so hard our cheeks hurt and there were some tears shed too. Even though it was some what of a disastrous trip, there is nobody I would have rather experienced that with.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Yowsas! Sounds like quite the adventure...let's just call it a learning experience! (I am not sure what there was to learn but whatever) :)

Sara said...

I was at Deeper Still, too. LOVE Priscilla Shirer! What a weekend to remember for you, huh?

Amy said...

Whoa nelly! A trip to remember....