Today DH and I had to go for physicals for our home study. I guess our doctors office don't do alot of adoption paperwork seeing as how most of their patients are in the 75 and older crowd. ;) Another sure sign that they don't do that often is the way they were all running around like mad. What I was expecting to take about an hour ended up taking 3!! I went to the doctor straight after work and DH met me there with CT. Since I was only expecting it to take me about an hour I didn't make arrangements for "A" after school. I thought I'd be home by the time she got off the bus....not so much.
Even though the doctor took longer than I thought I still thought I had time to run by the police dept. for fingerprints. Where were all my BTDT (been there done that) friends?! No one told me I would be subjected to hardened criminals!! So here I go beep booping into the police station with CT with me. There is a police officer there dragging in a woman with handcuffs who's obviously been drinking. I go get a number and wait. As I'm waiting they bring in 3 more people who are being released from jail who've been in there for a few days. They're all disheveled and scary. These people are sitting all around me and CT. CT is NOT wanting to sit down in his seat. He's running around everywhere. At one point he trips over this drunk guys foot but the drunk guy never even noticed because he's passed out. At one point CT licked a chair. I wanted to puke! If I had germX I would have bathed us both in it right there. Finally, my number is called. I go back and the police lady say's "who's going to watch the kid?" WHAT? Yeah, he can't go back to the fingerprinting place with me. HELLO? Why didn't someone tell me during the hour I've been waiting. I had to call DH to come from work to come watch him. At this point it's time for "A" to be home. I had to call the school and have them bring her back to the school so I could pick her up there. She was none to pleased with me.
At least those are 2 major things we can mark off our homestudy checklist. We have to go back to the doctor on Wednesday to finish up paperwork and get results on the rest of our bloodwork. The kids have to have physicals too. I hope to have all the homestudy paperwork sent in on Wednesday after the doctor. Then we just wait to schedule our home visit. YAY! It's going pretty fast!
Also, Lindsey and Cortney got their referral today for baby Ian. Big congrats to them. He's absolutely beautiful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Wow - your ordeal definitely tops ours. We both went in and were told to come back later in the day because of a shift change. We came back - waited about 30-45 minutes. We were escorted to the back and the lady got our fingerprints. We leave and then realize she forgot to sign one of our cards. We come back and ask the front office if she can come and sign the card. They deny having someone that works there by that name. Anyways...they finally realize she does work there and take it back to her. That place is nuts!
Yikes. Sounds like a lovely day! But let's forget about all that and focus on 2 MAJOR things that can now be checked off that list! Yahoo!
WOW! I hate to tell you, but ours went super smooth. When we got fingerprinted, we walked right in and he fingerprinted us immediately. There wasn't even anyone else in there that we saw!! However, the "police station" that we went to was in the mall...seriously. Not sure why.
But, hey - two more things checked off!! :)
I know! I'm worried about the wait just when I get everything completed. I can't imagine having to wait 5 months. That's 5 months without paperwork or anything else to keep me busy!! The waiting is the hardest part...
Where did you get your fingerprints done? Ours was a really nice station and the kids got candy and stickers from the police officers after it was done. It was SO nice! Sorry you had such a terrible experience. But, glad you got it done!!! Things are going quickly!! So excited!!! Have a great week!
Love ya,
Buffi
ok, how about everyone in my entire house is SOUND asleep and i just laughed out loud and uncontrollably at the thought of Canaan licking that chair and you going into germaphobe mode! bahahaha! Bless your heart! Glad to know you did not get mugged AT the police station and Canaan did not get any nasty funk from the chair he licked! :0)
I would love to get together. We are pretty flexible. Just let us know what night would be good for you guys and when you can get a sitter. We are game for a weekday or weekend night.
Wow-what a great story to have....not to experience but fun to tell. We went to a private fingerprinting place...we were a bit scared of what we would see at the police staion in Dallas:) Glad you got it done!!
OK, I almost spit my drink all over the screen when you said Canaan licked a chair - where was your tongue scraper and anti-bacterial mouthwash? Seriously, I'm glad you guys are checking off your list, one by one. I can't wait to see pics of your beautiful girl!
Post a Comment