Sunday, March 30, 2008

fingerprints, adoption clinics & diapers oh my....


We had our CIS fingerprint appointment on Friday. We almost missed the appointment because we couldn't find the fingerprinting place. It made for a tense 15 minutes while I tried to bark driving directions at Sean and he ignored me...just like a boy. HA! ;) We finally found it but we were 15 minutes late. I was almost in tears because I was afraid they were going to cancel the appointment. Thank God they didn't. Once we got there the whole thing lasted less than 5 minutes. It was anticlamitic. We got a hotel in Birmingham and went to the UAB International Adoption Clinic on Saturday. It was very informative. It was almost information overload but they gave it all to us in print as well so I can take my time going through it all. Sean and I really enjoyed having the night to ourselves. With 2 kids it's not often that we get a date night. We took advantage of the kids being with my parents and went to dinner and a movie. Good times!

A few posts ago I told you all that I was going to give cloth diapers a try...well, I did and I LOVE it. I've been exclusivly using cloth for the past month and I wish I would have done this 2 kids ago. I love it. There are so many cute diapers out there. I have so many favorite brands but Cuddlebuns and Goodmama's but there are plenty of cute diapers to be found here. My diaper stash is getting bigger every day. Here's what I've got so far.




and look at how cute this little bum is in cloth

Tomorrow my baby girl will be 8 years old. Where did the time go. She's come such a long way. This was what she looked like on the first day she was born.



She was so sick and we really didn't think she was going to live. The doctor told us that she wouldn't make it through the night. They don't know the God I serve. He literally breathed His breath of life into her and here she is today.


Happy 8th Birthday baby girl!

15 comments:

kristina proffitt said...

Happy Birthday to Addison! My did 8years just fly by! She is so beautiful. God is SO good!

P.S. Love the cute little cloth diapers. Here's a great place for resources, too plus she's a wonderful photographer, nice person AND moved to Huntsville just a bit ago:

http://thepigbear.blogspot.com/2008/02/cushy-bunchy-bums.html

Have a great week!

LuLu's Lane said...

Oh I just love this pic of Addie. She is so beautiful. Praise God for your miracle baby!

Lindsey and Cortney said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter!! She is beautiful! I love the date night story! We haven't had any of those yet...I have too many work days to leave for date night=( Congrats on the fingerprinting. It feels kind of wierd to be waiting for that again. Anyday you will have that ole I-171H in hand and ready to be sent to Ethiopia!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday to Addison and I love Canaan's diaper. I just want to squeeze him - I love that boy!

We wanted to go to the clinic but we decided to go celebrate our anniversary instead. I have already contacted them about reviewing our referral and basically all I have to do is send the info when I get it.

Glad you both got some time to yourselves too. Love ya!

Amber said...

They grow up so fast. At least you are another step down. The prints are done and you are getting closer to being done! Yeah!

mama becca said...

WOW you have a lot of diapers! And, happy birthday to your miracle girl! My brother looked just like that when he was born and he wasn't supposed to live, either. Amazing!
Glad you got those fingerprints done :).
take care!
becca

~*Lisa*~ said...

Can I just tell you I busted out laughing and read the part about being late and barking directions to Sean and him ignoring you. If there was not ever any proof we are sister's there is some now. HA HA I did that with Bo for Bella's eye apt's in B'ham!

I am So happy and super excited about you getting your appointment and your training just a few more steps closer to Mercy coming home.

Addison Happy Birthday Girl. What a mighty God we serve that he would breath life back into that girl! You my dear are a miracle and I thank God the doctor's were wrong! I LOVE YOU

Buffi Young said...

What an aweseome testimony!!! Praise God!!! Sophie experienced healing when she was born too!! They told us she almost died also. Wow...I had NO clue we had that in common!! God's got big plans for those girls!!! Can't get over your cloth diapers!! WOW!

Didn't you injoy the IAC? It was like drinking out of a fire hydrant...but it was VERY helpful. It helps you prepare for the worst...but you can also believe God for the best case scenario. That's what we did!!! Praise God Sadie has done so well!!! Great post!!
Love ya girl!
Buffi

Jennifer said...

Yowza that is a lot of diapers!!! We will have to have a lengthy email chat about the best ones, trials and tribulations, etc...and soon.
You are so close now that the appointment is behind you!!!!!!!

Amber said...

I will add you to my blog so I can keep up with you.
So true that kids grow up so fast. I was just going to write about that on my blog.

So how do you clean all those cloth diapers?

The Soucys said...

She is beautiful!
Love the Beatles Bum! That's one stylin' baby!

C said...

tthank you for your comments, we are also praying for your family!!! :)

Amanda said...

First of all, Happy Birthday Addison!

Second, I am totally calling you when I get my appointment to get directions from you... since you did FINALLY make it!! Congrats!!

Praying for a fast approval!

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

Love that -- "They don't know the God I serve".

Amen to that.

And cute diapers. Hopefully we won't need them. One big bonus of adopting older kids.

Mom to many said...

Tell me more about the cloth diapers. I want to give them a try with our little girl from Ethiopia. What brand do I start with? What age and gender are you adopting? I can't wait to read more about your journey. Hooray for being done with shots! Now you are ready to go.