So, someone please remind me WHY I decided to authenticate my own dossier?! What the heck was I thinking? NEVER AGAIN!! I've had to drive to every single county courthouse in North Alabama. Who knew!! Obviously, you have to have the probate judge certify the notary for the county in which the notary lives. Say the notary at the bank lives 4 counties over but works in our town, you have to go to the county where they LIVE to have it certified. I've been doing ALOT of driving around lately. (insert eye roll here) Some of them are so far away that I've mailed them and I'm waiting for them to send them back to me.
We're also still waiting on our fingerprint appointment. I got an email from my homestudy agency that said CIS received our homestudy on 3/3 so hopefully it won't be to much longer.
We're getting so close to the "wait list" EEKK!!!
We also had our service plan call with Natalie last week. We were going over the time frames and it looks like we will likely get a referral right before courts close for rainy season. That means we will probably be stuck waiting until AFTER courts reopen for a court date. UGH! I should be use to all the waiting at this point but it still stinks!
Anyway, that's where we're at! I hope that I'll be posting a fingerprint appointment post VERY SOON!

2 comments:
I should have my husband read this. We hired Kate, and he rolled his eyes at that one, but I stood firm, not interested in driving all over Michigan to get the thing done. Of course, this was also last summer, and the last thing you want to do in Michigan during the glorious (and way too few) summer days, is waste time in a car.
Hey there!
Yes, it's so hard to do your own dossier (we did too!) but you will prevail! Also, don't even worry about the rainy season... we got our referral in january and STILL waited the length of a rainy season to have our court date... (still haven't had it... it'll be about 2.5 months after receiving referral). All that to say, God's timing will happen, no matter when you get your referral, and even if you don't like it :(. Oh well, at least He's in charge... that's gotta be better than me in charge :).
You are hereby invited to the poor folk union in NC with Tara :).
becca
Post a Comment