Sunday, January 6, 2008

an update

Our homestudy is complete....WOO HOO!! We're still waiting for Villa Hope to send a copy of it to Anne at Gladney but that should be done this week.

Also, we sent off our I600A on Saturday. Villa Hope wanted us to wait and send it off after our last home visit so that's what we did.

This week we are hitting the dossier pretty hard. I'm hoping to have it ready to send off for Natalie to double check it all by the end of the week. We'll see...

We haven't applied for passports yet but plan on doing that this week as well. Those have to be back before we can send our dossier off so we will be waiting for a few weeks for that.

Think it's possible for us to be on the waiting list by the beggining of March? That's the goal....

11 comments:

Lori said...

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. The outpouring of support has been a lifeline. Your sweet prayers mean so much. Congrats on finishing your home study. What a relief.

emily said...

Congrats to you- each step is such an accomplishment!!

Tara said...

Duuude! You are making some serious progress! :) Yay!
My little piece of input is that you get your passports expidited. We didn't because we did it way early and thought we had more than enough time but we ended up waiting for them for a month and a half loooonger than we should have. It was wretched to be at a stand still for allmost 2 months becasue we were waiting for those suckers.

Amy said...

Yay!!! You are getting so close!

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

Woo Hoo!
Congrats on finshing up your home study...one step closer!
Blessings,
Kristy

mama becca said...

Congrats on the progress! Isn't it nice to check something off the list?!?! Now you're that much closer! Hope you're having a great week...
becca

Lisa said...

Hi Laura,
I saw your comment on my blog about paperwork. I'm sure you can relate. Isn't it crazy? Great job finishing your Home Study. That must feel fantastic. Don'tcha just love those big chunks of progress? I look forward to checking in on your progress. Best of luck.
Lisa
www.my2ethiopiangirls.blogspot.com

Buffi Young said...

So excited! In a weird way, I miss doing all the paperwork. I got a little charge out of having all those little "projects" to do. I really miss it!! I'm withyour friend Tara...I would go ahead and get my passports ASAP!! I just can't wait for your next post to see what's happening!! I'm thrilled for you guys!! Keep us posted!
Buffi

Amy said...

Wow - that is cool that you can authenticate your dossier yourselves. We will both be in the waiting mode before long ;).

Amanda said...

hi.. im a friend on the Wheelers' and i know Amy and Clint as well. i was just reading that you sent you I-600A in with your homestudy. that's what my social worker advised me to do as well... i'm anxious to see how that works for you!

Amy said...

Thank you Laura! I basically broke down in tears today after thinking about all my comments and encouragement from you and people I don't even know. I did not even realize how much it helps! The little things and words matter the most to me now. I would love to get together for coffee with our adopting buddies. Great idea! I love you friend - you are amazing!