Monday, January 28, 2008

girlfriends

My friend Amy posted a blog about our Ethiopia Adoption Project. She's having a baby girl any day now. She's an amazing photographer and she posted a picture of herself in one of our Ethiopia Adoption Project shirts. Doesn't she look so cute?! :)


Amy, thank you for your friendship and your support. I've been so blessed to have some amazing girls in my life to support me and give me a word of encouragement when I needed it. I feel so blessed. Speaking of great friends, last week I went to dinner with girlfriends. What was so cool about this dinner was our common bond...adoption. We're all adopting children internationally. It was so amazing to spend 3 hours chatting with girls who really "get it". They know what the process is like. They understands the ups and downs of adoption first hand. Amy is adopting from India, Melodie is adopting from Guatemala and Amanda is adopting from Guatemala as well. I had such a good time with you girls and can't wait to get together again soon.


I can't talk about amazing people and not talk about my 2 little sisters. L & R are so awesome. They've been so supportive since the very get go with our adoption. They are just excited about meeting "M" as we are. They are stoked about being Auntie's again. I love you girls.


5 comments:

Buffi Young said...

I'm thrilled that you guys got to get together last week. The support that you'll be for each other is so valuable!!! Praise God for friendships!!! By the way...I LOVE the picture of you and your sisters...WOW!! It's beautiful!!
Love ya,
Buffi

Amy said...

I love you Laura!!

~*Lisa*~ said...

awww I teared up... Like I always say You and Randi are my God Given Best Friends... :o) I love you both... Its so funny I have not met this child but I love her already!!! God has done some awesome things in and through you and I can not be more proud that you are my sister... I LOVE YOU LOULOU!!!

Anonymous said...

AWWW! Thanks for the "shout-out" - haha! I'm very proud of you and Sean for being obedient to what God has called you to do. I know it has not been an easy road but I know in the end you will see just how worth it the journey was! I always said I'd adopt someday but I feel, in a since, I have! God just had a different interpretation than I did. I can't wait to see what all God does through this adoption and in this child's life! What an AWESOME God we serve!

Amanda said...

I had so much fun too!!

I love that picture by the way!!