Friday, December 28, 2007

We survived...

Yesterday was our first homestudy visit and it went REALLY well. Our caseworker, Laura is so nice. She asked a few questions but said she got most of the information that she needed from our mound of paperwork that we've already turned in. I found out that she's done homestudys for alot of people we know including our pastor. That made me feel so much better. We have to do two more home visits before our completed homestudy is ready to be sent to Gladney. Those are both scheduled for next week. We're also waiting on an FBI clearance. I guess this is something different than the one we got last week for our dossier. Hopefully that comes soon.

We've also decided to change the requested age for our baby. We originally said up to 18 months but have decided to change that to up to 12 months. We've got some concerns about language barrier issues. Heck, we're having a hard enough getting CT to talk I don't know if I can handle two non verbal children. :) The most important reason is I'd really like to try to breastfeed the baby and the younger she is the easier it will be to get her to latch on.

Thanks for all your prayers and words of encouragement. You guys are the best!

6 comments:

Buffi Young said...

So excited about your homestudy!!! I know you must be thrilled to be getting these things out of the way. Each thing is a step closer to your little one!!! We are THRILLED for you guys and look forward to more and more good news!! Have a great new year!!! Love ya,
Buffi

Amy said...

Yay! So glad it went well!

Mike and Barb said...

It's one step after another.....
And all of a sudden your little bundle of joy will be here, and the waiting and the anxiety over all the paperwork will just be a faint memory!
Hang in there!
Barb

Anonymous said...

Hi, I couldn't find a way to email you directly back. If you travel before us I'd wish for you to take pics for us too. I didn't read your whole blog, what age did you request? I think flip flops or sandals are also always in need too and are light to travel with. We are taking our kids so we'll have 8 big army duffel of donations! So exciting! Don't forgot to bring something for the caregivers as well! ~Natanya

mama becca said...

Hey there!
Thanks for stopping by our blog... and for your encouragement. We really do need each other to get through the harder times... others who can really understand what we're experiencing with adoption! I'm glad your first visit went well. I do homestudies for families so I always hope that my fellow social workers are nice to adoptive families. They usually are, and there's not much to worry about :).
I'll be checking your blog often to watch your progress!
God bless...
becca

Danni and Tommy said...

Congrats on completing your first homestudy visit. I think that's a great milestone to celebrate. One step closer! Happy New Year!
Oh, and your children are just precious. I love the pictures.