
Today we had an Adoption Fundraiser garage sale. Alot of friends and family donated stuff for us to put in the sale. We had SO MUCH stuff! My sister and BIL came over this morning VERY early to help us get everything set up and stayed and helped us with everything. We did VERY GOOD!! We raised about $1,000. :) We still have alot of stuff left so we're going to set up again in the morning for round 2. :) Thank you to all of you who donated stuff. DH and I are so grateful to have friends like you. We love you guys!

A's 2 good friends Isaac and Jake came over on Friday and brought a cute jar that they made for "A" to collect donations. They even put $15 of their own money in it to get her started. They made cookies and kooliad and brought it over for her to set up her own little stand to make some money for her flight. Aren't they just the sweetest boys ever. She collected $83 toward her flight to Ethiopia to pick up her baby sister. Please ignore the crazy look on her face...the sun was in her eyes.

CT was more interested in playing with all of the toys we were tying to sell.

8 comments:
Way to go hot momma! You guys are on your way. I wish I could be there to shop and I LOVE me some garage sales.
Very AWESOME!!!
Yay!!! So cool!
Yes - Sheba is the host. Sundar speaks Tamil and Sheba speaks Tamil and some Hindi. I love them! I bet there are Ethiopian restaurants in Nashville. We have always loved Indian food. I try to make it sometimes and Target sells pretty good pre-made meals. We love the Sitar buffet here in town. Hopefully you guys will find one soon! Thanks for the book - sounds interesting.
I am SO excited for you guys. I thought you had the yard sale last weekend. I just missed it!!! I've been "out of it" lately anyway!! I am THRILLED that you guys raise $1000. That is awesome!! God is so good. Will you guys be at The Rock West Campus on Sunday? We want to give toward your adoption too. I've just got to connect with you!! Have a wonderful week! Praise the Lord!! He always provides!!
Love ya,
Buffi
Rock on, sweet Laura! $1000 should jump start the process, and I know that God's gonna provide a lot more "1000 dollars" along the way! You are an inspiration, my friend.
Wow! That is so much for just one day of a garage sale!! God is provding for this baby and I know He will continue to provide the rest! Let us know how the 2nd day went!
that's so awesome that you guys raised that much!!! woohoo!!! we do have pics of the shirts - there is actually a huge pic of the ethiopia adoption project shirt on our blog...it's black with grey ink...the ladies ones are blue with grey - you can also see pics on our myspace - or if you'd like i can email you some pics too :-) just email us at calebandbecca@cox.net and we can email them to ya!
Post a Comment