
Today DH and I had a conference call with Judy from Gladney. She went over EVERYTHING with us. We talked about all the paper work that has to be filled out from here on out, all the things we need to tell Villa Hope that needs to be done for the Ethiopian program during our home study, all the fees that have to be paid and when what is due. It was overwhelming but VERY informative. DH also asked a few questions about how the babies come to the orphanages and what kind of care they recieve. He also asked about what kind of information will we have about her birth parents and their medical history. I think he just wants to make sure that she's healthy. He asked questions about how she would go about obtaining infomation if when she's older she decides she wants to find her birth parents. I've never even thought about that. That brings on a whole new set of questions and emotions. I'm glad he asked though because I need to think about these things. Judy also talked to us about when we travel and what that will be like. I almost wish we wouldn't have talked about that because now that's all I can think about. I don't want to think about FBI background checks & medical forms and I600A's...I just want to think about traveling to pick up our baby girl. Snap back to reality!! I'm in paperwork up to my nose....but for NOW I'm lovin' every minute of it. :)
We talked alot of the fee's and when they are due. After we hung up with her DH and I just sat there staring at each other. I think the breakdown of all the expenses was a little overwhelming. We talked about what we're going to do to come up with this money. DH is a realist. He sees things very black and white. He wants to have a clear cut plan on where the money is coming from. I understand that but we have to trust God that He's going to provide everything we need. This adoption was a dream that God gave us and I know that He is going to provide "exceedingly above all which we ask or think" Ephesians 3:20.

5 comments:
Amen! God will meet all of your needs! Have fun with the paperwork - make quadruple copies of everything! We actually bought a hanging file and labeled each phase - it helps.
Absolutely!! He's hand chosen your baby and He will be faithful to meet the desires of YOUR hearts and hers!
You've been tagged by me! Check my blog!
And so it begins... :-)
We haven't started the paperwork yet, but I *think* I have a good idea of what's involved because we've gone through immigration for two countries (me to come to the US, and R to come to Canada), and government paperwork SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS. I know that you've got a lot of immigration stuff to work through, so be encouraged, because not only have we survived, but we did it all on our own, and I was only 23 when I had to complete all of my US-bound stuff!! So, if I can do it at 23, by myself, then YOU can do it with all your OLD adult wisdom!!
AND, I remember telling myself, when in the thick of beaucratic paperwork crap, that it was sooo worth it because it would mean that the PERSON I LOVED MORE THAN ANYONE and I could be together. That same sort of all-encompassing love will spur you on and give you the strength you need too! It's all about getting that precious baby girl of yours home as soon as possible. THAT is worth some hand cramps and blurry eyes.
And, as you know, I will continue to PRAY. Especially about the money (man, do I understand that one!). It WILL work out, even if it means paying a little interest to Redstone Credit Union, or working a bunch of Saturdays doing wedding makeup. AGAIN: just keep the goal, your BABY, in your mind, and all these things will be a bit easier!
I LOVE YOU!
Laura...you are absolutely right. God promised us if we would be obedient and step out to adopt...He would meet the needs as they arose. We stepped out without even enough money for the application. Every step of the way....miraculously we had EVERY dime we needed...up until travel time. We did put our travel expenses on the credit card...but we were given over $18,000 in a year.... WOW!!!! We started with $0000....and ended up with that. We were SO amazed as the money came in. God is so faithful and I want to encourage you to be faithful to what He is asking of you...and leave that up to Him. You can also pray for creative things you can do to help raise the money. When we did "fundraisers" we felt a little bad....so we just sent out letters to all of our friends and family...and then started the email update to keep people informed! If people don't know what's due when...then they won't know when to give money to you that they'd like to give! It was awesome to watch God provide! We're still watching Him take care of it monthly!!! We're praying for you guys too! We love yall and are SO excited for you!!!
Buffi
hi laura! thanks for stopping by my blog. yes, we are in about the same state. i will add your blog to my sidebar and follow your journey with you! good luck on all that paperwork. i know your pain! :)
Post a Comment