Friday, September 14, 2007

child like faith



Ever since we've been talking about adopting a baby from Ethiopia, "A", our 7 year old has told us she wanted to go. We've always just said no, you aren't going to be able to go. She was bummed about it but seemed to understand. Earlier this week we were all in the bathroom getting ready for our day and "A" heard me giving her daddy a "pep talk" about how God was going to provide everything we need for this adoption (remember, Sean is a realist and worries ALOT about money) She asked us WHY she wasn't going to be able to go with us to pick up her baby sister. I explained that it's going to cost us ALOT of money to adopt and the travel for daddy and I was going to be very expensive. She very matter of factly reminded me of what I had told her daddy moments before. God is going to provide everything we need and she was believing God to provide enough money for her to be able to go too. I was amazed at how much faith she had that God is sending the extra 3K for her to be able to go with us. Well, yesterday she came home from school and one of the first things she asked me when she got off the school bus was, "did God send my money to go to Ethiopia today?" :) I had to giggle. She absolutely believes that God is going to be dropping a check into the mailbox for her. And I KNOW that He will too.

5 comments:

Tara said...

oh my word! That is the most precious thing I've ever heard! If only we all had that kind of faith...

Tara said...

Oh, and don't you worry, I have not forgotten that I have been tagged- this weekend, be lookin'! :)

Amy said...

Awww! God bless her precious heart! I pray He astounds you with his provision!

Buffi Young said...

The faith of a child! We have so much to learn from them...don't we? Sophie is like that too!! She always encouraged us about God's provision! What a blessing!!! It's so awesome that your kidos are so excited!!! We are too!!! God IS faithful...and he is going to provide. We can't wait to watch Him do it!!!

Robin said...

I'm loving your blog!!!

We decided to take our almost 8 year old boy with us. It got complicated b/c my ex-husband had to sign a special form to get him a passport and agree for him to go. I remember talking about it in our Sunday School class saying it had to be a miracle from God for my ex to allow this. Guess what???? We got our miracle and Squeeker is almost more excited than I am about going to AFrica. It's a once in a lifetime experience; definitely a sacrafice to come up with the additional travel money, immunizations, etc, but I think it'll be worth it for him.