August 24, 2007 - Sent application to Gladney September 12, 2007 - phone interview with Judy October 11, 2007 - Mailed off Application packet to Gladney October 22, 2007 - physicals for homestudy & fingerprinting for ABI clearances November 5, 2007 - mailed off all homestudy paperwork December 17, 2007 - recieved FBI clearance for dossier December 27, 2007 - first homestudy visit January 6, 2008- homestudy complete March 3, 2008 - recieved Gladney APPROVAL March 28, 2008 - CIS fingerprint appointment March 29, 2008 - UAB International adoption clinic April 16, 2008 - travel shots April 30, 2008 - recieved our CIS approval May 3, 2008 - overnight dossier to Gladney May 5, 2008 - officially went on the waiting list October 17, 2008 - REFERRAL!!!! December 3, 2008 - got a call with courtdate (1/27/09) January 27, 2009 - courtdate (failed) February 19, 2009 - 2nd courtdate (SHE'S OURS) March 7, 2009 - leaving for Ethiopia :) March 9, 2009 - In our arms forever! Met Mercy 1st time March 14, 2009 - Came home from Ethiopia July 20, 2009 - Readopted Mercy in Alabama November 9, 2009 - applied for her SS# November 10, 2009 - applied for her citizenship
That is such an incredibly cool idea!! I love it! Ah yes, Oliver is a cool name...someone recently posted that name. I have seen some cool names amongst our families - I love Abe and Addison...well the list could go on and on. I love Mercy's name!I think I told you we shot a wedding for a Mercy once.
Were you on the conference call? I am thinking March is probably a reality for me but I am sooooooo antsy I can't stand it!! LOL
Hey Laura! We are hosting a blog prayer vigil tomorrow, Wednesday, 2/11. We’ve asked people to pray throughout the day and then specifically at 6:30pm PST. We’d love to have you join us. Please see our blog for more on this. We know God hears His people when they cry out to Him and we are hopeful that God will remove any and all obstacles that are keeping children from being united with their forever families.
5 comments:
That is such an incredibly cool idea!! I love it! Ah yes, Oliver is a cool name...someone recently posted that name. I have seen some cool names amongst our families - I love Abe and Addison...well the list could go on and on. I love Mercy's name!I think I told you we shot a wedding for a Mercy once.
Were you on the conference call? I am thinking March is probably a reality for me but I am sooooooo antsy I can't stand it!! LOL
It is neat. Its getting closer!!!
Big ol' smooches to you Jesus Lovin' Momma....
xoxo,
Courtney Rose
Hey Laura! We are hosting a blog prayer vigil tomorrow, Wednesday, 2/11. We’ve asked people to pray throughout the day and then specifically at 6:30pm PST. We’d love to have you join us. Please see our blog for more on this. We know God hears His people when they cry out to Him and we are hopeful that God will remove any and all obstacles that are keeping children from being united with their forever families.
Dearest Jesus Lovin Momma,
I got your bead yesterday and am touched beyond touched. Thank you so very much for the beautiful words. The gorgeous bead. The connection.
I have been so humbled by this entire process- and am so grateful that you are a part of it.
With much love,
Courtney
PS- Please know that I will cherish this for the rest of my life. No doubt about it....
Post a Comment