August 24, 2007 - Sent application to Gladney September 12, 2007 - phone interview with Judy October 11, 2007 - Mailed off Application packet to Gladney October 22, 2007 - physicals for homestudy & fingerprinting for ABI clearances November 5, 2007 - mailed off all homestudy paperwork December 17, 2007 - recieved FBI clearance for dossier December 27, 2007 - first homestudy visit January 6, 2008- homestudy complete March 3, 2008 - recieved Gladney APPROVAL March 28, 2008 - CIS fingerprint appointment March 29, 2008 - UAB International adoption clinic April 16, 2008 - travel shots April 30, 2008 - recieved our CIS approval May 3, 2008 - overnight dossier to Gladney May 5, 2008 - officially went on the waiting list October 17, 2008 - REFERRAL!!!! December 3, 2008 - got a call with courtdate (1/27/09) January 27, 2009 - courtdate (failed) February 19, 2009 - 2nd courtdate (SHE'S OURS) March 7, 2009 - leaving for Ethiopia :) March 9, 2009 - In our arms forever! Met Mercy 1st time March 14, 2009 - Came home from Ethiopia July 20, 2009 - Readopted Mercy in Alabama November 9, 2009 - applied for her SS# November 10, 2009 - applied for her citizenship
I hope yours comes today!!! Its time, thats for sure! That would be great. I got an email today that said our timeline is 4-6months now and that I should be alarmed if my wait happens to go past the five month mark! Ha. Wed. makes 5 so not a big shock but kind of annoying!
This is the exact email: We have noticed that many of our families are now waiting closer to the timeline of 4-6 months on average in receiving their child referral. This is due to the amount of time it takes to make a match and gather the information for each child. With that in mind, I don’t want you to be alarmed if your wait happens to go past the five month mark. Please be reassured that our in-country team is working as quickly as they can and that you are not forgotten!
It does stink. I think they should say up to 7 months but have finances ready just incase it happens sooner. Then you woudln't excpect sooner and it wouldn't be as bad when it comes later. Just my opinion though! I agree w/you on Christmas- we were wanting to at least travel around the holidays and be w/our baby during that time!
I just kind of wonder if I hadn't e-mailed if anything would have been said about the longer wait. I figured it out of course but an update is always nice...
I thought that too when I read it. Talk about depressing! I think yours will come soon. You're so close to 6 months. I would LOVE it if it came today. I love seeing other people get their referrals and I hope your next!
Have you gotten that email as well? (I have not but I am way behind you in waiting) It is somewhat comforting in that at least it is in black and white and it alleviates some of the wondering. You are in the homestretch. Marathoners hit the wall around this point, women in childbirth say they can't do it anymore. It is the thing of which a gazillions idioms come - one that comes to mind is "it is always darkest before the dawn". None of this makes it any easier but so many of us are pulling for you. I don't know how many non FBI families there are who went on waitlist around the same time as you but you are right up there on the FBI - 3 referrals that we know of last week. It is coming.
Aw sister I hate this wait for you, but I know his timing is greater than ours and that sweet little face is going to be revealed to you soon. Just know your family is praying for you right along side of all your wonderful adoption friends. We love you!
So fun to read your blog! We are officially waiting, it seems so far away! loved reading the fun facts about you! I am the same way about flying! yikes!!
17 comments:
I hope yours comes today!!! Its time, thats for sure! That would be great. I got an email today that said our timeline is 4-6months now and that I should be alarmed if my wait happens to go past the five month mark! Ha. Wed. makes 5 so not a big shock but kind of annoying!
Painting the pumpkins is a GREAT idea! they last so much longer that way too! :)
This is the exact email: We have noticed that many of our families are now waiting closer to the timeline of 4-6 months on average in receiving their child referral. This is due to the amount of time it takes to make a match and gather the information for each child. With that in mind, I don’t want you to be alarmed if your wait happens to go past the five month mark. Please be reassured that our in-country team is working as quickly as they can and that you are not forgotten!
It does stink. I think they should say up to 7 months but have finances ready just incase it happens sooner. Then you woudln't excpect sooner and it wouldn't be as bad when it comes later. Just my opinion though! I agree w/you on Christmas- we were wanting to at least travel around the holidays and be w/our baby during that time!
I just kind of wonder if I hadn't e-mailed if anything would have been said about the longer wait. I figured it out of course but an update is always nice...
I thought that too when I read it. Talk about depressing! I think yours will come soon. You're so close to 6 months. I would LOVE it if it came today. I love seeing other people get their referrals and I hope your next!
Have you gotten that email as well? (I have not but I am way behind you in waiting) It is somewhat comforting in that at least it is in black and white and it alleviates some of the wondering. You are in the homestretch. Marathoners hit the wall around this point, women in childbirth say they can't do it anymore. It is the thing of which a gazillions idioms come - one that comes to mind is "it is always darkest before the dawn". None of this makes it any easier but so many of us are pulling for you. I don't know how many non FBI families there are who went on waitlist around the same time as you but you are right up there on the FBI - 3 referrals that we know of last week. It is coming.
Hugs to you!!
I can't wait for God's plan to be revealed and for you to see your child's face. Praying it will be soon!
Girllllllll. 23. I am proud of you! Hoping 23 is the week!
Give me a 23....and hopefully not a 24:-) Thinking of you during the "w" word!
Kind of a fitting picture of the number 23...i am sure it matches your mood. hope that it comes soon soon soon!
Huge hugs to you....it will come soon now...it has to!
By the way I tag you! My computer is not working well (as usual so I'll post it from work).
I reread my post and I am sure it didn't help at all -:o( - (my intentions were good)
I am sooooo hoping it is this week for you
Thinking about you today!
Aw sister I hate this wait for you, but I know his timing is greater than ours and that sweet little face is going to be revealed to you soon. Just know your family is praying for you right along side of all your wonderful adoption friends. We love you!
praying with you....hoping that referral comes really soon!!!!!
So fun to read your blog! We are officially waiting, it seems so far away! loved reading the fun facts about you! I am the same way about flying! yikes!!
23 ended up being a good number for you too!!!!
Post a Comment