Friday, October 17, 2008

WE HAVE A BABY!!!

We got our referral this afternoon for a beautiful baby girl. She's 4 months old and absolutely breathtaking! She's a little bitty thing....8 pounds. Thank you all for all your love and support through this process. The waiting is distant memory after seeing her face.

I will be back to share details with you all about "the call" but right now we're over the moon....

57 comments:

Buffi Young said...

WHOO HOO!!!! God is SO GOOD!!!! I can't WAIT to hear the details!!!! Love ya girl...
Buffi

~*Lisa*~ said...

I have not stopped crying since you called! I think its more at the awesomeness of the amazing God we serve. That he would even allow us to have that beautiful baby girl in our family! I am totally in love with her and I just can not wait till she is home. We are so excited and just want you guys to know how much we love you you are one and a million! :)

Natalie Fournet said...

Praising God with you for this beautiful day and your beautiful girl!!!!!

Elisabeth said...

I can't shake the tears and goosebumps!!! I am thrilled for you!!!! Hope everything is fast from here!

ellen

Anonymous said...

that is so wonderful!!!! i can't wait to see pictures!!

Susan and Chad said...

So many congratulations to you! Tiny! What a blessing!

mama becca said...

WOW!!!!! I'm so glad I checked your blog!!! CELEBRATE!!!!
Congratulations mama!!!

missy said...

YEA! NO MORE WAITING! A beautiful, itsy bitsy baby girl. His MERCY is indeed new every morning. And what a great, great morning this was! Rejoicing with you!

Adoption Cubed said...

What wonderful news!!! Hooray!
Rebecca

Ladybugs appear said...

so happy for your new family. congrats!!!!!!!
amy

~*Mistee*~ said...

Ok girl, its time to add your "referral" to your timeline over there on the side of the blog. :0) I hope you guys have a wonderful weekend and just enjoy your small time left of a family of four! :0)

The Soucys said...

YIPPPEEEE!
Congratulations! So happy for you all!

Tara said...

Obviously, I have already emailed you but I can't help but tell you again how EXCITED we are about sweet Mercy!!!! Love you girl, and are SO excited with you today!!!

Amy Clemons said...

HOOOOORAY!!!!!!!!! So Happy for You! We want to see her sweet face. 8 lbs. She is so tiny.

Bill and Melodie said...

SO excited !!!
So good to see you yesterday. We need to have our momma's night out again!

Carissa said...

I'm jumping up and down with JOY!!! I check your blog about once a week, and it happened to be today - what a day!
Now we know why you had to wait five months... you had to wait for HER!!
Praise God! I can't wait to see her.
We will pray that she is in your arms soon.
Love,
The Callans

Renee said...

YEAH!!! I checked so many times this week and was so bummed this afternoon when it seemed like a week passed without referrals. Tonight I checked one last time and there it is- a sweet baby girl! Congratulations! Hopefully we'll only be a few weeks behind you! So happy for you!

~ Kris ~ said...

HOOOOOOORAY!!!!! I am SOOOO happy for you!!!

Jennifer said...

woot woot!!!

CHRISTY said...

We are so excited for you! I was soooo hoping this would be your last week of waiting! I can't wait to see her precious face, I know she's beautiful. Enjoy the moment!

Jana said...

oh happy day!!!!!!!! So excited for you and sweet Mercy!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!!

Jocelyn said...

I was so happy to read your title!! I am so excited and can't wait to hear more about your sweet girl!! Congratulations on this special, special day!!

emily said...

Yahoo!!! Awesome news. Thank you Lord for this precious gift. :)

Pics please.......you have my email right?? :)

Shelly Roberts said...

Oh my goodness!!! ... just checking in quick for news and was SO EXCITED to hear yours!!! Rejoicing with you!! ~Shelly

Lori said...

Congrats you guys! :)

Brysmommy, Kenswifey said...

Lisa's Friend here..I am SO excited for you! Just following ur blog..I know it has been a journey..but God was and is in control..and He was preparing this sweet child for you! I can't wait to see pics..Praise the Lord!!!

Amanda said...

WOOHOO!!! I am so happy for you girl!! This is the second best birthday gift I could've asked for!!! ;) Love you!! (she's beautiful!!)

Amy said...

Yay! God is so Good!!! I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to hear all about the call and see pictures! 8lbs, what a sweet tiny little thing! This is amazing...

J, A, T and Y said...

Many congrats....enjoy ever moment!

Amy said...

Of course I have left you a million comments everywhere but I am so thrilled!!! She is beautiful!!!! Woohooo!!!!!

Love you!!!

Amy Jo

Jess said...

Congrats!!! I'm so very happy for you and your family. The trial and wait I'm sure are so worth it. God is faithful in giving us the desires of our hearts. I can't wait to meet baby Mercy as son as possible!!!! My prayers are with all of you.

~Jess

Stacie said...

Yayayayay! I saw your status at FB and gasped! SOOO happy it has happened for you!!! Congratulations!

Bethany said...

CONGRATS!! I have been checking your blog daily for a few months...I am so happy for you!!

Jim and Debbie said...

I am soooo excited for you! Have been checking your blog every day knowing good news had to be on its way to you. Congratulations on your precious little girl!

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

Oh my goodness, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I can't wait to hear all about "the call." I am so happy for you!!!!

jennifer said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to read more!

Keisha said...

HI! CONGRATS! What an exciting time! I found you through Buffi's blog! I can't wait to hear more info. about this precious baby girl!!! God is Good!!!
Keisha

Anonymous said...

Yeah! That is great news! I know you are so excited!!!

Julie said...

Woo Hoo! Congratulations !

Amy said...

Yah! Congratulations! Can't wait to hear the details of the call!!!!!

Sparkz said...

YEAH! Thank goodness! I am so happy for you. It was PAST time but I am sure she is perfect! I looked yesterday and you hadn't poseted anything so I wasn't going to post! I am glad I checked today just incase! How awesome! Congrats!!!

Heather said...

WOOOOO HOOOOO!!! Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your family!! I cannot wait to hear all the details of the call!! SO EXCITING!!

-Heather

Rebecca said...

The Winters are so excited for you guys! What a blessing to see her sweet face :) We can't wait for the whole story!

S and K said...

congratulations... I remember our "call" so well. Hard to believe my kiddos have been home for almost one year.

Anyway, I have no idea how I ended up on your blog, but glad I did.

Many blessings to you,
KT

msl said...

So WONDERFUL!!! Congratulations!! Can't wait to hear all the details!!
Maureen

m&r said...

YAY!!!! Such wonderful, wonderful news. I hope you are celebrating in a big way!

I'd be happy to go through our pictures to see if we have any of your little girl from our trip last month. Email me - mgrkej@yahoo.com

JJ said...

What a glorious day! Congrats, can't wait to see her pic!

LeighAnne said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! God is awesome. :)

Andrea said...

Congratulations on your referral!! It's so nice to hear great news on the blogs, with the court dates being delayed for some! I hope all goes smooth for you the rest of the way! Also, if you are able to sleep, even a little, the flight isn't the worst. I'm not a favorite of flying either!! :)

los cazadores said...

OMYGoodness!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS. So very exciting! So happy for you!!!

Cindy

Natanya said...

Congratulations! You must be so excited! It's been a month since we got that call and I know exactly how you feel! It's so amazing isn't it? If I travel before you I will gladly take pictures for you and a care package. We're still waiting for a court date. Email me ben4gn@yahoo.com so we can exchange info.
~Natanya :)

megan said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!! I am so EXCITED for you!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love how you got the call when you least expected it!

Gretchen said...

my email is crosejaynes at gmail.com

I AM SO EXCITED!!!

Drew Carey Show said...

Hooray, hooray, hooray!!!!!!!!! Oh, that moment of The Call is better than anything in the world. We also bawled our eyeballs out before hearing a word. What a blessing for your family and precious little M. Can't wait to watch your journey continue to unfold!

Jebena said...

I don't know how I missed your blog annoucement---but I am making up for it now!

OUR HEAVENLY FATHER DOES ALL THINGS WELL!!!!! YEAHHHHHH!!!

GiGi said...

Congrats Laura and Sean!!!! We are so thrilled for you!!! Mercy is beautiful! We love you!!

Single PAP said...

i believe we started the process at the same time. i can't believe i could be getting a referral right now. that is surreal and i wish i had kept focused on the process instead of still working on my homestudy! siiigh. but, for your family i say congratulations!!!!!!!!!! can't wait to hear the details!