Monday, October 6, 2008

Exiting the Window


Today marks 5 months of waiting. It's also the week we exit the "window". I'm not to stressed out about that. It will happen eventually. That's the attitude of today anyway. Tomorrow could be something totally different with lots of fit throwing and begging God to hurry up but today I'm at peace. I know that God's timing is absolutely perfect and mine is NOT. I know that every time I try to do something within myself and not trust God completely I always end up messing it up. I DON'T want to mess this up so I'm laying it at His feet.

"S" and I had such a good weekend. Someone gave us free tickets to the Auburn/Vandy game so we drove to Nashville for the afternoon. We needed to get away just the 2 of us and hang out together and get our minds off all the waiting & stressing about how we're going to finish paying for the adoption. We haven't been to a college football game in years. I'd forgot how much I love the atmosphere of college game day. I'm not even an Auburn fan but we still had a blast. As we were hiking the 30 minutes back to our car (yes, parking stinks) we talked about how we've got to do that more often. Not hike but go to football games. I've already been looking on ebay for cheap tickets. No luck so far.




The kids are out of school for Fall Break starting Monday. I've got to come up with some fun but CHEAP things for them to do. Any suggestions?




18 comments:

emily said...

Oh I can't wait to celebrate with you!! His timing is always best, you are right about that. :)

~*Mistee*~ said...

I am glad you guys got away for the weekend. :) We had an amazing service at church yesterday from some of our pastors that just got back from Africa! M is so lucky to be coming to such a wonderful home!!!

J, A, T and Y said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Distractions are so great!

Robbin Hopkins said...

Just when you stop watching, the water boils! Its coming very soon.

Robbin

~*Lisa*~ said...

I hate that we did not win some adoption money but I know if he does not provide that way he is going to come through no matter what! He put this desire in your heart and I have faith and I stand with you that he is going to make a way! OK I wanna go to the next game we can take my motorhome and leave the kids with mom and dad bahahaha. poor Mom!!!

Amanda said...

I'm praying your attitude stays one of complete submission to God's timing.

Amy said...

Your call has GOT to be coming... Can't wait!

PS. I just noticed that I didn't have your blog linked on my blog... HOW did that get left off??? :)

mama becca said...

hang in there friend... it's just around the corner...

Meredith said...

Helllllllooooo- I can get you into 3 museums for free. You are silly. You don't even have to tell me you are coming. Just say that you are my friend. You could also go play in the fountain or feed the ducks. Both free.

Jennifer said...

be at peace my friend, it is coming!!
i have been brain storming fall suggestions- a pumpkin patch? an orchard? pumpkin carving? if i had a sitter, i would go to a haunted house.

Rebecca said...

I can't wait for you to get the call. Every time I see a post, I get excited thinking it will be THE ONE! Soon, friend. I know the waiting stinks.

Jocelyn said...

It has to come this week...I can feel it!! Thinking of you and stalking all the time:-)

Amanda said...

yeah, I have good and bad days too. I'm so thankful for friends like you who are in this waiting with me!! I feel alot less alone!

Elisabeth said...

You will hear soon - I am watching the list of names above you shrink.

Parks, pumpkin patches, play dates - hmmmmm - maybe invite a friend with children over and make popcorn balls or other autumn or preholiday treats.

enjoy this time with your little ones!

Lori S said...

Just checking in only to see that you haven't gotten the call yet. I hope and pray that it will be soon! I'm glad to hear that you are handling the wait well! God IS in control!
Hang in there!

Natalie Fournet said...

Waiting is tough I agree, very refining too! I am praying that you get to see your baby's face very soon!!!

And we love college football too...different team though!

Amy said...

Happy 5 months!!! Great attitude! I am sure it will happen soon! Just keep walking in God's grace and strength without bearing it on your own! Then when you least expect it - the call will come!

So glad that you and DH had a good time at the game. I would like to go watch Vandy play since they are so close. I just know Clint would be distracted with keeping up with Alabama's score the whole time ;).

Have fun with your kiddos this week!

missy said...

it's such an interesting thing that i don't know you, but that i keep obsessively checking your blog to see if you've gotten a call. i want your "w" to be over!!!!!