Wednesday, April 16, 2008

travel shots


DH, "A" and myself have been working on getting our travel shots for the past month. We've spread them out so we didn't have to have 15 at once. I've felt like a human pin cushion. Today we had our last round of shots. We're ready to travel. Now all we need is a baby to go get.

We're still waiting on the 171-H. It's only been 3 weeks but I'm already getting antsy. How long did it take to get yours.

Also, CT is doing MUCH better. He's recovering fine from his surgery. He was a real trooper.

You may notice that I've edited all my old posts and changed everyone's names to initials. I post on a message board with an amazing group of mama's and our board was recently hacked. It kinda freaked me out of bit that this kid knew all of my personal info so I decided that posting it for the world to see probably isn't a good idea. Probably a knee jerk reaction but it makes me feel a little "safer"........

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Our 171H took 5 weeks exactly and so did some others in CO. Good luck with that. I must get our shots updated too as we now have our referral!
Lisa

Buffi Young said...

I know you're glad that is over!! All we had to get was our tetinus shot...PRAISE THE LORD!!! I SO hate to have to get them!! I cannot remember how long it took our 171 to get back. Honestly...it's all a big blur right now. It will be here before you know it!!! I am just SO excited for yall!!!

I don't blame you for changing the name thing. I have felt a little apprehensive at times too. I just never did anything about it!! Hope you guys have a great week! We miss ya!!
Buffi

Amy said...

Bless your heart but I am glad you are finished. We have to get some when we get our referral - not sure how many. Oh and we got our approval about 3 weeks or so from our fingerprint appointment. Yours should be coming soon and don't freak like I did if it says I-797 because it is the same thing :).

Praying it comes soon!

Amy

Melodie Monberg said...

Shots...yuck. Personal information hacked...double yuck. My husband found a bunch of inforamtion on this topic and we decided to do the same on our blog. It was a bummer for some friends and family, but I think the safer choice.

- Melodie.

emily said...

Ours took exactly 6 weeks, 6 looooong weeks. We are in Texas though. Hope it comes soon, then the real wait begins:)

Our Cup Runneth Over said...

hi there.

i'm jen. just wanted you to know there is another alabamian about to start the adoption process to ethiopia.(juneish) i was "blogstalking" (yikes i hate that word!!!) and came across yours. we are in dothan. if you have anything you'd would like to share about the process, i'd be SO grateful!!!! our email is snj407@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amanda said...

I got your email just now and I am so praying for you girl!! Let me know the minute you find out anything!!

Amber said...

My daughter is scared about having the shots.