August 24, 2007 - Sent application to Gladney September 12, 2007 - phone interview with Judy October 11, 2007 - Mailed off Application packet to Gladney October 22, 2007 - physicals for homestudy & fingerprinting for ABI clearances November 5, 2007 - mailed off all homestudy paperwork December 17, 2007 - recieved FBI clearance for dossier December 27, 2007 - first homestudy visit January 6, 2008- homestudy complete March 3, 2008 - recieved Gladney APPROVAL March 28, 2008 - CIS fingerprint appointment March 29, 2008 - UAB International adoption clinic April 16, 2008 - travel shots April 30, 2008 - recieved our CIS approval May 3, 2008 - overnight dossier to Gladney May 5, 2008 - officially went on the waiting list October 17, 2008 - REFERRAL!!!! December 3, 2008 - got a call with courtdate (1/27/09) January 27, 2009 - courtdate (failed) February 19, 2009 - 2nd courtdate (SHE'S OURS) March 7, 2009 - leaving for Ethiopia :) March 9, 2009 - In our arms forever! Met Mercy 1st time March 14, 2009 - Came home from Ethiopia July 20, 2009 - Readopted Mercy in Alabama November 9, 2009 - applied for her SS# November 10, 2009 - applied for her citizenship
What a COOL look!! I love it! Kudos to your friend!!!!
About the adoption tax credit...aparently after you deduct your house, your tithes, and your child tax credit...the amount of taxes that you have paid that is left over is the amount that you can get back from the adoption tax credit. UGH!!! So, because we don't pay IN a lot of taxes...after our deductions...it leaves us with not getting very much of that adoption credit! It is SO frustrating!!! We are getting MAYBE $1000 of the $11k. That's a big difference!! Like we know though...God is our provider!!! Thanks for your encouragement!! Love ya girl! Buffi
Clarifications: 1.yes, I am talking about you, my friend. You have been tagged! 2. I cannot grow a garden for the life of me- believe me, I have a little tiny dead one in the backyard...it is more of an aspiration. :) 3. I am not super earthy by any means...I just try...and even then, it may be a pretty weak try! So most of those things are like, dreams. (dreams that will probably never happen. Haha!)
Look at you!!! I love love love your new layout!!! It is so you! How are you feeling? I feel like I am starting to come down with some nasty cold YUCK! Anyway I really love what you have done with the place. ha ha Love me
10 comments:
What a COOL look!! I love it! Kudos to your friend!!!!
About the adoption tax credit...aparently after you deduct your house, your tithes, and your child tax credit...the amount of taxes that you have paid that is left over is the amount that you can get back from the adoption tax credit. UGH!!! So, because we don't pay IN a lot of taxes...after our deductions...it leaves us with not getting very much of that adoption credit! It is SO frustrating!!! We are getting MAYBE $1000 of the $11k. That's a big difference!! Like we know though...God is our provider!!! Thanks for your encouragement!!
Love ya girl!
Buffi
Look at you! I love it!
I'm so jealous...I've got to figure out how to do this...
Oh my soul! It is amazing!! Don't you feel just a little bit cooler- now that you have a glorious blog?? Admit it, you do. :)
Love the new do!!! It is great.
U are the coolest blog kid on the block! I am inspired!
VERY pretty!!!!
Clarifications:
1.yes, I am talking about you, my friend. You have been tagged!
2. I cannot grow a garden for the life of me- believe me, I have a little tiny dead one in the backyard...it is more of an aspiration. :)
3. I am not super earthy by any means...I just try...and even then, it may be a pretty weak try!
So most of those things are like, dreams. (dreams that will probably never happen. Haha!)
Look at you!!! I love love love your new layout!!! It is so you! How are you feeling? I feel like I am starting to come down with some nasty cold YUCK! Anyway I really love what you have done with the place. ha ha Love
me
LOVE the blog makeover! Very cool.
:)
Post a Comment