Tuesday, January 15, 2008

2 steps forward 1 step back

I don't know if you guys remember me venting about what a hard time I had getting an insurance letter from Blue Cross. Well, it took about 3 months for them to finally get it to me and even then I had to get my head human resources girl to deal with them. Anyway, I sent some of our dossier over to Natalie at Gladney yesterday for her to double check it all before I had it authenticated. The crazy insurance letter has to be redone. GRRRRR!!! I had a complete breakdown last night when she told me that because I KNOW it going to be a battle. They didn't notarize it the correct way. It has to have the "subscribed and sworn...." thing added to it and blue cross didn't do that. They also didn't state in the letter that it was HEALTH insurance (rather just insurance) and it doesn't translate well so I have to redo it. My frustration isn't with Gladney or Natalie...they are super supportive and understand the frustration as well but it's with the insurance company for being SO difficult to deal with. The insurance company isn't the only thing that has to be redone. There's about 5 or 6 things but they all seem pretty simple to fix. The insurance letter is the only concern I have. Things like this puts us further and further behind. My DREAM of having her home by Christmas is looking less and less likely. I KNOW that God is in control and I HAVE to trust Him. Today is one of those days where I have to remind myself that He's in control over and over.
__________________

13 comments:

Rebecca said...

awww, I'm so sorry! It is frustrating when you hit a bump in the road. Hopefully, it won't be as difficult this time around. HOPEFULLY, you will be able to find someone else to deal with that will feel badly about this! AND, they will get it done - correctly - super fast!

mama becca said...

It's good that you're able to "vent" your frustrations to us in blogland, because you really need the support. Just know that so many of us understand your frustrations and what it feels like to be battling the paperwork. You're not alone! God's timing will be revealed, and while it won't make your frustrations go away, it may make them worth it in the end. Hang in there!
becca

Buffi Young said...

I totally understand your frustrations Laura. I am so sorry that this is causing delays. But...as I am sure you know....what looks like delays for us, may just be God's hand and perfect timing for getting you the perfect child! You are so not alone, and I know that many who are waiting are feeling the same things...and many who have gone before you understand where you are. I pray for you grace through each step and "road block" that you come up to. God's timing is perfect...like you said!! Hang in there! I'm praying for you.

By the way, I have to apologize...I was laying here a minute ago, TRYING to take a nap, and out of the blue, I realized that I put on my blog you were adopting from INDIA!!! OF ALL THINGS. I felt TERRIBLE!! I know where you are adopting from, it just came out the wrong way as I typed it and it didn't even occur to me until this afternoon! Anyway...I have corrected it! Please accept my apology!! :)

I'm praying for you! I DO know where you are!! It will really fly by when you look back!!
Love ya,
Buffi

emily said...

Hang in there! Praying that the insurance issue is an easy fix this time- I know it is frustrating. Our God is in control of all things and His timing is perfect!!

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

Hang in there!
I remember the days of re-do and re-re-do...it about drove my hubby NUTS and I was the one handling it all!
Soon, we'll find ourselves in waitlist for referral land looking back fondly on the paperchase.....or not! :-)
Blessings,
Kristy

Amy said...

Bless your heart! I pray for favor and that you would get this letter back quickly and correctly! At least you caught the problem before you submitted the entire dossier. Smart thinking!

Tara said...

Ugh!! So sorry about that! We had the same rediculous problem- why do they make it such a big friggin deal?? (haha, I am pretty sure I have never written out the word "friggin" and it's funny)
Anyway, I am definitely lifting you up in my prayers tonight, that God will put you in touch with the right person and that they will take care of this quickly and easily. Please Lord!

.E. said...

Amy recommended we stop by and read your blog... so hear I am .. I just wanted to say what you are doing is a wonderful thing, and well all wonderful things are worth all the hassels involved in getting there.. you know.. hang in there.. I know its hard I know it has to be frustrating.. but its all worth it ... as you well know

Lindsey and Cortney said...

Paperwork is so hard=( I think about how mad I got at every set back and delay to get on the wait list. Then I look at my precious son and know that God paired us up perfectly in His time. You seem to be handling it all great though. Keep pressing forward...you will be waiting before you know it.

Rebecca said...

Name ideas? Yes. But, really - nothing has been narrowed down. It's especially hard because we're having to figure out names for either a boy or a girl!

kristina proffitt said...

Hugs, girl. I hope things are looking up!

Crazy Thorne's said...

Tara and I are working on something we will let you know. Can you shoot me your email. pam@thornemail.com

Jennifer said...

I hate insurance letters. This has been our only frustration as well...grrrr...