Tuesday, November 20, 2007

money woes

This post is hard for me to write because I don't like being this transparent but the purpose of this blog is to share with my friends and family the good AND the bad of this adoption journey.

Today I got a bill in the mail for the homestudy. Not just any bill but one that we can't move forward to the next step without paying. So far, every single expense that has come up God has provided at just the right time and just the right amount. I have no doubt that He will take care this as well. I've been paying for things as they come up and putting money back knowing that I'd have to pay $1,850 soon for the homestudy. Well, what I didn't prepare for was that I have to pay for all the post visits up front. I'm sure somewhere along the way I was told but I just haven't been planning for that. That's an extra $705. This could set us back another month or two.

Could I just pay for this with a credit card or take out a loan...sure. But I told God when we started this if HE would provide all the money we have to pay Gladney and the homestudy agency that we would take out loans (and apply for grants) for the rest. He has held up His end of the deal so far and I'm not going to start doubting Him now.

On a positive note, we've turned in EVERYTHING to Villa Hope for our homestudy but the money so as soon as we come up with it all we can schedule our home visit. WOO HOO!!

If you would please begin to believe with us that God is going to provide for us every step of the way.

PS. We got the insurance issue fixed! Praise God!

6 comments:

Tara said...

I KNOW God will provide this money. I know it. He has brought you this far, He isn't going to leave you hanging now! I will send some prayers up for you today.

Thanks for joining in prayer with us for Shiloh!

Amy said...

I am thanking God now that you will have the finances soon. He is faithful!

Buffi Young said...

Laura,
God WILL provide...it is a matter of HIS timing. There were times in our process that we were SO frustrated at things like this. Ultimately...there is a little girl in Ethiopia that needs you guys....God knows the perfect timing..and getting ahead or behind in His plan isn't something we want to do. I KNOW....it is a trust factor...but God WILL show himself faithful. He who began a good work will be faithful to complete it. You NEVER know where that money is going to come from...you just never know. God shows up in the most amazing places and in the most amazing ways. I can't wait to get to the mail each day...cause I just never know what God is going to do...(you know...since we're still trusting God to finish providing for our adoption expenses). So...all that to say...keep your head looking up, and your heart full of faith....cause His provision is on it's way. Just like that Ram that was caught in the thicket with Abraham and Isaac....it's on it's way!! I love ya girl!!! Can't wait to hear your praise report of what God has done!!! Happy Thanksgiving!
Buffi

Lindsey and Cortney said...

This part is so hard! I know that God will provide. He has for all of us. It is crazy how much money this journey to our little ones actually takes and even though we would all do anything to get that precious child home, God's timing will not let that happen one moment premature. So just know that if it wasn't a money woe it would be a paperwork woe. Rest assured that God does provide.

Amy said...

He absolutely will provide the money! Mercy is HIS daughter and He wants her to be in your arms. He will supply your every need. It may seem so far away, but it's not! It can happen in an instant, but you have no clue what it will look like! Be encouraged! It's not so far away!

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

We too are on the adoption journey to Ethiopia through Gladney and the Lord called us to proceed with just $100 in our savings account....the lowest that is has been in a LOOONNNGGGG time. Hang in there and remain faithful to HIS promises for He is ALWAYS faithful! :-)
Blessings, Kristy
http://growinginfaithandfamily.blogspot.com/