Saturday, June 20, 2009

What a poopy morning


So, it's not even 7am and I've already been up for 2 hours scrubbing poop out of EVERYTHING. We were just getting to that stage with our other kids where we could sleep in on the Saturdays. Addison is 9 and Canaan is almost 4 so they would get up and eat a pop tart or granola bar and watch cartoons until we got up. Man, that's changed over the past few months. Mercy is a morning songbird. I wake up about 6am everyday to her chirping away from her crib. Our room is right across the hall from hers. Usually she has her face completely smooshed against the wall so she can see into my room. This morning her chirping was louder than usual. She was talking to some toys that she had in her bed and seems content to play so I thought I'd get a few more minutes of shut eye. The hubby had gone on an overnight fishing trip so its just me and the kidlets. Addison woke up and walked by Mercy's room and says mom, "Mercy has poop all over her face and hair" Nice! So much for a few extra minutes of sleep. I'm a little scared of what I saw next. Poop EVERYWHERE! Remember, I have 3 kids. I've seen alot but this takes the cake. I had to stand back (holding my nose) and assess the situation. I wasn't even sure where to begin. It took a solid 2 hours to get everything disinfected and to get the babe clean. Gone are the Saturday mornings of sleeping in but I wouldn't change it for anything in the world.


By the way, see that super cute dress Mercy is wearing? It was made by Eryn. You can buy one and help support their Ethiopian adoption at her Etsy shop.

6 comments:

Tara said...

Oh. My. Gosh. Been there... and it was the grossest day of my life. My condolences! :)

Buffi Young said...

Oh my...don't you just hate dealing with poop. Silas did that one day when I walked in...it was EVERYWHERE and I gagged the whole time I was cleaning it up. Goodness gracious!!! I think God gives us moms a special grace for times like these. Hopefully you won't have another one!! :) Mercy is SO CUTE!!!! Love ya!

Gretchen said...

Sorry to say it, but this story made me smile.

LuLu's Lane said...

OH MY! Your kids are poppy! haha CT is the best though! lol oh good times.

Renee said...

Oh...just no! I do not envy you!

Eryn said...

Oh my goodnes. GROSS, but she looks super cute in that dress, I have to say!