August 24, 2007 - Sent application to Gladney September 12, 2007 - phone interview with Judy October 11, 2007 - Mailed off Application packet to Gladney October 22, 2007 - physicals for homestudy & fingerprinting for ABI clearances November 5, 2007 - mailed off all homestudy paperwork December 17, 2007 - recieved FBI clearance for dossier December 27, 2007 - first homestudy visit January 6, 2008- homestudy complete March 3, 2008 - recieved Gladney APPROVAL March 28, 2008 - CIS fingerprint appointment March 29, 2008 - UAB International adoption clinic April 16, 2008 - travel shots April 30, 2008 - recieved our CIS approval May 3, 2008 - overnight dossier to Gladney May 5, 2008 - officially went on the waiting list October 17, 2008 - REFERRAL!!!! December 3, 2008 - got a call with courtdate (1/27/09) January 27, 2009 - courtdate (failed) February 19, 2009 - 2nd courtdate (SHE'S OURS) March 7, 2009 - leaving for Ethiopia :) March 9, 2009 - In our arms forever! Met Mercy 1st time March 14, 2009 - Came home from Ethiopia July 20, 2009 - Readopted Mercy in Alabama November 9, 2009 - applied for her SS# November 10, 2009 - applied for her citizenship
Thanks for sharing the link. Your article is beautiful and very well written, Laura. God's faithfulness is awesome, isn't it? The picture of Mercy is so sweet!
Hey Laura I haven't clicked over to your article yet but I'm about to. I hopped over from your sister's Lisa's blog to congratulate you on finally getting Mercy. I know you are excited. She is just the cutest little girl.
What a nice article. I love that you spoke so much about God and even included verses (that Hab. verse rocks.) I pray that many seeds were planted in the hearts of your readers...and that God will use it for Kingdom business. I am praying seriously that the Church would wake up to the commission God has given us in James 1:27. Thanks for sharing Mercy's story.
I love that you collected gifts for her birthdays...you are such a wise and thoughtful Mama.
Mercy is beautiful, God bless all of you.
Praying for more opportunities for you to share what God puts on your heart with your newspaper!
Your friend; Kimmie mama to 7 one homemade and 6 adopted
Laura, I LOVED your article. It brought tears to my eyes, and that scripture is EXACTLY what I needed to hear today. THANKYOU!
My hubby and I were on our way to the church easter egg hunt this morning saying how this feels like it's NEVER going to happen. It feels a million years away as another week ticks by as we wait for our homestudy paperwork to be completed. I really needed this encouragement, thank you thank you for sharing. Eryn
14 comments:
Thanks for sharing the link. Your article is beautiful and very well written, Laura. God's faithfulness is awesome, isn't it? The picture of Mercy is so sweet!
Great story, Laura. God is faithful! Thanks for sharing the link. Love the pic of Mercy!
Thanks for sharing, she looks so cute!
Thanks for sharing your story, it's very timely for my life right now. The name Mercy is even more beautiful now.
that is AWESOME!
Great job, mama :).
becca
I love the article Laura! Beautifully written!
I love it! Absolutely beautiful story!
Is it me or is Mercy packin a few extra pounds? Or maybe its the cloth diapers. :) Either way, I love her!
Mercy is a doll!
Hey Laura I haven't clicked over to your article yet but I'm about to. I hopped over from your sister's Lisa's blog to congratulate you on finally getting Mercy. I know you are excited. She is just the cutest little girl.
Hi Laura;
What a nice article. I love that you spoke so much about God and even included verses (that Hab. verse rocks.) I pray that many seeds were planted in the hearts of your readers...and that God will use it for Kingdom business. I am praying seriously that the Church would wake up to the commission God has given us in James 1:27. Thanks for sharing Mercy's story.
I love that you collected gifts for her birthdays...you are such a wise and thoughtful Mama.
Mercy is beautiful, God bless all of you.
Praying for more opportunities for you to share what God puts on your heart with your newspaper!
Your friend;
Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted
Laura, I LOVED your article. It brought tears to my eyes, and that scripture is EXACTLY what I needed to hear today. THANKYOU!
My hubby and I were on our way to the church easter egg hunt this morning saying how this feels like it's NEVER going to happen. It feels a million years away as another week ticks by as we wait for our homestudy paperwork to be completed. I really needed this encouragement, thank you thank you for sharing. Eryn
YAY!!!!! I need you to tell me what you bought so i can have some ideas
Great story, Laura! Very cool
Post a Comment