
Holly and I have been best friends since we were in 4th grade. We met at our little private school and spent everyday together until she graduated high school. I spent every weekend at her house. Her parents were like 2nd parents to me. Holly married this amazing guy, Beto, and they moved to New Zealand to be full time missionaries. They went on to have 3 amazing boys. While Holly was pregnant with her 3rd son, her husband unexpectedly died. That left her in another country with 2 small boys and her family on the other side of the world. Holly's strength through it all is astounding. She amazes me. She's the strongest woman I've even known. She wrote a book about her life and her faith. After her husband died, she refused to allow what the enemy meant to stop the work that Beto and her started in New Zealand, Australia & the Ukraine. She works with churches and orphanages all over the world. Right now she is helping to build a 2nd orphanage in Ukraine. She feels called to Africa as well. She wants to make some God ordained connections and eventually go back and do what the church was called to do from the beginning....take care of orphans. John 14:18
Holly has said from the very beginning of our adoption that when we went to Africa that she wanted to go too. With her being a full time missionary, we aren't sure where that money will come from but we're trusting God that He is our provider and He can move mountains to see to it that Holly gets to go to Ethiopia with us. Holly is selling copies of her book to help fund her trip to go pick up baby "M" with me. Go pick up a copy here. http://www.hollychapa.com/

7 comments:
How exciting for you both! This book is such an easy read and will bless your socks off. I want to encourage you all to check it out. Love you girl! Hang in there the wait is almost over! XoXo
Cool Story!
I pray she gets to go -that would be incredible!!!!
Wow what a neat story. Sad too. I can't imagine loosing my husband. She has to be an amazing woman! I hope you all get to go there together! However I am sure you will- with God on our side who can be against us?! God will!
Wow...your friend sounds like an amazing person!
Your sister Lisa found my blog awhile ago and left a message about you! She suggested I check your blog out.
A little FYI.. I have 6 kiddos 2 of which I adopted.. they're black... Both American made:) My sister-in-law is in the process of adopting from Uganda AND...
My in-laws are serving a mission for our church in Uganda. They are in charge of all the Mormon Missionaries in Uganda and Ethiopia. So, of course I was very interested in hearing about your adoptions! We LOVE Africa in our family. My parents send home pictures and stories that are so dear to us. Where in Ethiopia is your baby and how are things coming along? You can email me at my the account on my profile page.
Looking forward to updates...
Pretty Organizer.
your court date is just around the corner! Are you anxious?
Post a Comment