Saturday, October 18, 2008

some details....

I was sooo not expecting the call yesterday. Our caseworker was out of the country so I was thinking it was going to be another couple of weeks. When the phone rang I didn't even look at where the call came from. When she said, "this is Jessica" it didn't really register who she was until she said, "I have good news for you" I just fell in the floor and started crying like a baby. I couldn't get it together. I probably cried in the phone to her for 5 minutes. Finally, I pulled it together and she told me to get "S" and put the phone on speaker. She started telling us about her and told us to open our email. When I say the email that said " Introducing M...(her birth name also starts with M) I starting bawling again. I could barely open it. At this point it's me and "A" and "S" all gathered around the computer staring at her sweet face and listening to the caseworker tell us all about her and her family history. We got all of her medical records as well. Other than pneumonia (that she had the same week I had it) and a stomach bug that she had last month she's been very healthy. She is very little but that's to be expected. She's 8.3 pounds. The caseworker told us she's 4 months old but she was born May 15th so that makes her 5 months. She came into the foster care center on Aug. 25th and has been in there care ever since.

We already had tickets last night to take the kids to Disney on Ice so after getting the call I had to somehow pull it together and manage to get myself and the kids dressed. I don't remember much about the show....I kept reliving the whole call over and over again in my head. Amazing.

We are so overwhelmed by God's faithfulness to us.

Thank you so much for your kinds words and for getting me through all the waiting.

30 comments:

~*Mistee*~ said...

ok, this one made me cry!! I could see you as if I was there, trying to take it all in, and not wanting to hang up the phone, just soaking up the information and listening to YOUR babies details. You will be such a wonderful mom to this little girl and I can't think of anyone else that would be better to her and give her a chance to grow into a woman of God. I know this will COMPLETE your family and you will all be able to rest easy once she is home.

I told the girls last night and they said "Finally, momma we have been praying for them for soooooo long! We thought God did not want the same thing!" I told them no, that it was in HIS TIME, that it would happen! They were even more in awe with that, to know that it might be some time later, but don't give up, because God comes in HIS time, even if we have our own timeline. They then asked what we should pray for next for you, and I told them we would not pray for the time to come soon to come pick her up and you all would have a smooth journey to get her! They seemed ok with that!! :0)

love you all!

Anonymous said...

awesome!! GOD is so good. see...all that waiting and GOD had it all worked out! great news. i check your blog almost every week...well, okay everyday to see if you've heard something! so happy for you and your family! many blessings.
brandy

Meredith said...

I love the details and I love even more that sweet sweet face! I am so thankful!

Rebecca said...

I love hearing your story! How perfect. Whatever moment you receive 'the call' - it becomes the perfect moment! M is beautiful!!

Amanda said...

Laura, I am crying all over again reading your words!! I am so happy for you!! I can't wait to meet her! We need to all get together so we can hear all the details!!

Amy said...

Aww! I love this story - I know EXACTLY how you felt! What an amazing emotion! Simeon and Mercy are almost a month apart - his bday is April 21. I like to go back and look at my calendars to see if anything significant happened on that day. I can't remember anything on Simeon's bday but on M's birthday we all had an adoptive mama's night at Logan's. Now I will always think of her when I eat there ;).

Love you!!

Amy Jo

Amber said...

Oh Laura! I am so happy for your family. Isn't it an amazing feeling when you get to see your baby girl! You have waited so long. Our daughters was also only 8 pds and 2 oz at 3 months. Her birthday is also similar, May 16th. I hope to meet you some day and we can have some little buddy play dates! Congrats, what a blessing!!!

gracie :) said...

So happy to read your news! Congratulations on your new baby girl. Can't wait to see her sweet face...I'm in love with dark skin! :)

Sarah said...

so thrilling! i'm so happy and thankful that you've finally gotten the call. can't wait to hear more and to see pictures.

coffeemom said...

OH boy!!! Oh girl, rather!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! so so exciting and i love reading about 'the call.' Makes me tear up, every time. JUST simply thrilled for you!! Enjoy your celebration this weekend and congratulations new mama!

Lisa Laree said...

Laura, that's fabulous! I'm so happy for you!!

Renee said...

so sweet! Yes, we will definitely be taking the kids with us, they LOVE their Ethiopian food!

Anonymous said...

now you have to change your blog address to 'jesuslovinmommaof3!!! woohoo!!!! i'm so happy for you. i've been telling everyone i've seen today that knows you or has heard of you about your big news!!! i can't wait til you can bring her home!

Gretchen said...

Laura- I love the happy, joyful image of you bawling like a baby after you figured out what was going on! Such wonderful, beautiful news. I CAN'T WAIT to see this beauty of yours....

Lisa said...

Yesssss! So happy for you all. I was so happy when we finally got to this stage of the adoption process. Congratulations!!!
Lisa
www.my2ethiopiangirls.blogspot.com

LuLu's Lane said...

God is amazing! Your story on here is perfect. I can see you there on the floor taking it all in. Oh how sweet and beautiful she is! I will never forget that moment when you called me and me trying to get my internet on my phone to pull up! It was killing me! :) I can't wait for you to have her home where she belongs. I love you girl and Mercy is so blessed with a wonderful new loving family!

Lori S said...

Yaaaay!!! Congratulations! I am soo excited for you! The wait to 'see' your baby is over!! What a wonderful day!

los cazadores said...

Sounds like a beautiful experience....

Wowowow!!!

Cindy

Christina said...

yipee!! finally. congrats. our et boy was born on may 12th, so they are only 3 days apart! fun to have kids the same age.

Amy B. said...

SOOOOO thrilled for your family!!!! Yea! I can't wait to see the precious babe's face.
amy

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Laura! I'm so excited for you!

amydc said...

YAY!!!! I know you are butt crazy happy. All in God's time. :)
I came here from Facebook & read your blog from the beginning. Btw, you are a great blogger & let me just say that the pic of you & yo sistas is smokin hot!!!!
The blog union is awesome. I know that has been a great source of strength for you.
The pics of your kiddos gave me flashbacks from our early history. For some reason, one pic of your little man made me remember when you would belt your sentences out in song. Ex- "No, I'm, not goin' to Meemas today."
And let me add that your detailed information on cloth diapers is making me want to procreate again.
Love you girl. A ton of happy hugs & kisses to you. God is so good.
XOXOXO ~Amy

Faith said...

Just curious but I was wondering what technique you will be using to breast feed Mercy?

Jana said...

so sweet. so happy for you guys!!!!

Anonymous said...

Laura,
Congratulations! I have been praying that you would get that phone call soon. Can't wait to see pictures of M!

Around the World said...

I am so happy for you!!! Can't wait until you can post pics for us to see!!!

Sparkz said...

What a great story. It's interesting all the similarities. She IS the one you've been waiting for, no doubt about that! I was SO excited to see you got a referral. Its about time :)!!! I don't know how soon our call will be. I'd like for it to be on the 22nd (my great grandma turns 95 on this day) plus it's a day that is soon so thats always a plus!

hello somebody said...

Congratulations!!! I remember well "the phone call" !!! I can't wait to see her in your arms :)

solas4me said...

God's goodnes is amazing. The way that his does all things according to his own timing and his will never fail to amaze me. We are rejoicing with you.

The Darlings
"A Darling Life"

Erin Sager said...

So happy for you, I haven't checked your blog in awhile and am so happy for your family!!!!!