August 24, 2007 - Sent application to Gladney September 12, 2007 - phone interview with Judy October 11, 2007 - Mailed off Application packet to Gladney October 22, 2007 - physicals for homestudy & fingerprinting for ABI clearances November 5, 2007 - mailed off all homestudy paperwork December 17, 2007 - recieved FBI clearance for dossier December 27, 2007 - first homestudy visit January 6, 2008- homestudy complete March 3, 2008 - recieved Gladney APPROVAL March 28, 2008 - CIS fingerprint appointment March 29, 2008 - UAB International adoption clinic April 16, 2008 - travel shots April 30, 2008 - recieved our CIS approval May 3, 2008 - overnight dossier to Gladney May 5, 2008 - officially went on the waiting list October 17, 2008 - REFERRAL!!!! December 3, 2008 - got a call with courtdate (1/27/09) January 27, 2009 - courtdate (failed) February 19, 2009 - 2nd courtdate (SHE'S OURS) March 7, 2009 - leaving for Ethiopia :) March 9, 2009 - In our arms forever! Met Mercy 1st time March 14, 2009 - Came home from Ethiopia July 20, 2009 - Readopted Mercy in Alabama November 9, 2009 - applied for her SS# November 10, 2009 - applied for her citizenship
You will definitely come out stronger because of this - trust me!! God knows the exact hour and day that you will get the call and we will all rejoice with you!
Laura, For whatever it's worth, being just on the other side of that phone call, we can tell you that God's timing it so obviously perfect. I will be earnestly praying for you! I know how terribly hard this whole process is. Thank you so much for your support- we're rooting for you!
I have to say, Christy is so right... you'll see..
God has the perfect little girl for you and she's just not ready yet! He wants you to keep looking to Him through it all; to keep depending on Him for every detail to come together..
I can't wait to see that precious little baby's face!!
ugh. This is the worst part. Waiting everyday for a phone call. Have the weekend off and know that you can rest easy - and not jump every time the phone rings! Praying your wait ends soon!
8 comments:
I'll pray that the w*** will end next week!
God Bless!
Have fun with your kids!!
You will definitely come out stronger because of this - trust me!! God knows the exact hour and day that you will get the call and we will all rejoice with you!
I will keep my fingers crossed for next week then...have a good weekend!!
Laura,
For whatever it's worth, being just on the other side of that phone call, we can tell you that God's timing it so obviously perfect. I will be earnestly praying for you! I know how terribly hard this whole process is. Thank you so much for your support- we're rooting for you!
I have to say, Christy is so right... you'll see..
God has the perfect little girl for you and she's just not ready yet! He wants you to keep looking to Him through it all; to keep depending on Him for every detail to come together..
I can't wait to see that precious little baby's face!!
ugh. This is the worst part. Waiting everyday for a phone call. Have the weekend off and know that you can rest easy - and not jump every time the phone rings! Praying your wait ends soon!
I think carving pumpkins sounds like a fantastic way to pass the time! :)
Cindy
How did pumpkin carving go? I love doing that! I looked forward to today all weekend. Today could be the day! I sure hope so!
Post a Comment