Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The window



Guess who entered "the window" for a referral yesterday? Yep! We sure did. WEEK 13!!!! The call could come any day. Of course, courts also close tomorrow so even if we get a referral anytime soon it will be a while before we get a court date. I'm really praying for a referral sometime during the court closure.

I had a GREAT time at the Blog Union in Hermosa Beach. More to come on that along with pictures.

24 comments:

emily said...

So great to meet you too- wish we had more time to visit! It was kinda nutty with all the kids- hope you enjoyed your kid-free weekend. :)

Can't wait to celebrate with you.

{B} said...

Yay! Welcome to the wonderful window...hope the next few months fly by!

Natalie Fournet said...

Congrats on the window....praying you don't stay in the window too long!

Julie said...

Great to meet you! Congrats on opening the window...won't be long now!

LuLu's Lane said...

Congrats on the window opening, I know how happy you are. Praying these next few months fly by. Woo Hoo Glad you made it home safe and sound. xoxo

Sam said...

ya i tried that little button and it just makes the whole link pop up;....grrrrrr

congrats on entering the window!! very exciting.

I had a great time with you too!!! BU08 was so fun. and Mercy will be at BU09!!! look out

Jebena said...

Congrats on the window!!!

Can't wait to see pics of the get together also!

Jennifer and Ty said...

Congratulations! I'm glad you had a good trip. I was concerned due to your latest record with travel. (Was it Atlanta?) Here's to a referral very soon!

Amy said...

I hope you get a referral any day now! I can't wait to see your baby - watching you begin your journey and then seeing the baby will be so awesome for me ;). Hope you enjoyed Cali!

Drew Carey Show said...

Oh, I know that pins-and-needles feeling so well! Every night before you go to bed, you wonder if tomorrow is the day, and every morning when you wake up, you wonder if today is the day. Every time the phone rings, your heart leaps out of your chest. How wonderful that there is a lucky child all the way across the world who you love so much already and are longing to know. Can't wait to celebrate that referral!

Amber said...

Yeah for the referral window!!!!

Amanda said...

I'm praying with you!!

I love your pictures that go along with every post. It can get very creative I'm sure!

PrincessBrideJo said...

Wit whoo!!! How exciting! Good luck and I hope the referral comes SOON!

Meredith said...

This news makes me ready to jump on board a pink taxi! Ryan and I are ready to babysit!

Buffi Young said...

OH....so what does it mean you are in the widow for a referral? Does it mean one is coming to you now or just that it's possible for you to get one? Either way...I am SO excited and I can't wait to see her little face!! :) Thanks for keeping us posted. I can't wait to see your pics from the weekend too!!! Love ya girl!
Buffi

Christina said...

Hi Laura, you have a cute family! I am just now catching up on my blog comments. It would be fun to be traveling buddies! We just entered the 12 week window today. Maybe the wait is almost over....

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

Yea!!! I hope you receive wonderful news soon!

Sparkz said...

Congrats. How exciting! I can't wait to enter the window. Hopefully it won't be open too long! :)

Lori S said...

Waiting, waiting, waiting! I'll be watching for that wonderful day when the referral call comes!

Laurzie said...

WOO HOO! Congratulations! It was so wonderful to meet and chat with you this last weekend. I hope you really got to relax and get lots of sleep without the little ones running around. Blessings!

megan said...

How exciting!!!

Anonymous said...

Send me your email and I will give you the password.

Heather said...

It was so nice to meet you in Hermosa Beach! Congratulations on entering the "window"!!! See you and your little girl next year at Blog Union "09.

Kristie @ Me and My House said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving your address. I recently realized that I went to school with your husband and his brother. Shane sat behind me in 8th grade English. I think that many years ago we saw ya'll at the race track. I'm blown away sometimes at what a small world it is.

Congrats on the latest adoption developments!