Tuesday, August 19, 2008

week 15



Yesterday marked 15 weeks on the waitlist. As much as I'm ready to know who my baby is, I'm not ready. I just started working on her room this weekend. By the way, the walls are a disaster. Can you say pepto pink? Yuck! I'm going to have to figure out a way to tone down the pepto. I've got some ideas but if you have any you'd like to share, please do!




I also started on her bedding. All that is complete so far is the rocker cushion. More pictures to come when it's finished.



The bear was made my a blogger but unfortunately, I can't remember her name. :(

10 comments:

Natalie Fournet said...

A friend of mine did a white wash over a blue room to tone it down...it was some special finish and had almost a pearly white finish...it is beautiful and still wonderfully blue...I think it would look lovely on pink.

We did my daughter's room in pink...it is a very hard color to get right....it took us lots of tries!

Amber said...

Looks like you have been busy. I think the average wait time is 6 weeks for Adoption Avenues but the two people that sent their dossiers the same day as me already got their referrals!

LuLu's Lane said...

I think the glaze over the pink will look nice! I love the fabric on the chair. I can't wait for Mercy to meet her Lulu. :)

Jana said...

15 weeks girl! That's exciting!

christina-defining moments said...

With pink it is very easy to get a pepto color. When you pick out a swatch pick it out so the pink looks almost white. By the time you do two coats it will be a soft, pretty pink without a hint of the pepto! Good luck!

Elisabeth said...

I like the white washing suggestion - can't tell what color complements the pink in the fabric - whether it is white or offwhite. Another color that might help is toning it down with a sponging of the beige that is on this comment page. I LOVE the fabric and the fact that you are doing the bedding is so awesome. I wanted to, but having just gotten a sewing machine this past Christmas, I thought I wouldn't be able to handle it.

Ah and I will guess 10/2 for the referral date.

Sam said...

you can sponge paint over it. i painted my room green (saw it somewhere it looked awesome...not so much in my room) so then i sponged over it with a lighter color to brighten it up. you can probably sponge over it with a mauve to tone it down.

Jana said...

thanks for praying for us, friend!

Amy said...

Love the rocker! Can't wait to see the finished room!

mama becca said...

you're getting close!
hoping the weeks fly by for you...
love
becca