Sunday, June 3, 2007

Special time with daddy



I was reading one of my friends blog about her daughters day with her daddy and it got me thinking of how important it is for daddys to spend special time with their daughters. Not only does it great bonding time but it also helps girls to set standards in their lives. She will see that daddy treats her like a princess and she won't settle for anything less than that. DH takes "A" on "dates" a couple of times a month. On those "date" nights she gets dressed up and so does he and he comes to the front door to pick her up and opens the car door for her. He spends time doing silly things going out for donuts & walking in the park and eating icecream. During that time he talks to her alot about how God has someone perfect just for her and about what she should expect from him. They also spend alot of time just being silly and having a good time together. These "dates" are so important to both of them. I wish my dad did things like that with me when I was a little girl. It may have changed the way I looked at relationships.


1 comment:

Sunny said...

PRECIOUS! My daddy used to take me on dates. I lived for them.